Vero 4k+ tv-/avr-shutdown problem

Hi!

Got the 4k+ yesterday and I’m quite happy with it. But I’ve got a really annoying problem. The vero is connected to my Denon X1100W-AVR which is connected to the ARC-HDMI of my LG OLED. This enables me to use one remote control for everything as it did before with my old intel nuc and cec-adapter.

Now to the problem: When I power off the system (meaning TV & AVR) everything goes down as intended. Not the vero of course, as I understand it is not meant to do so, it’s fine for me. But after maybe max. 5 seconds, everything turns on again by itself, AVR and TV switching to vero-HDMI. It doesn’t matter which source (TV, other HDMI, vero) was active when powering off, it gets revived and turns to kodi.

The second try to power off then is successful. Is there any way to prevent this unwanted behavoir?

Thanks and a nice sunday!
Patrick

In Kodi go to Settings>System>Input>Peripherals>CEC Adapter> and try changing some settings in there. I run my setup (LG, Denon, Raspberry Pi) with all of those options disabled other than the CEC itself.

Are you suspending the Vero?

Sam

Hey!

Seems to work now as I found the settings for cec :slight_smile: Its enabled, switch source on power on and devices to also put in standby mode. When the tv is switched off is on ignore right now. Is it even possible to get the Vero in standby? I’ve got two ext. HDDs connect, which go to standby when usb is powered off. Would be nice to get kodi to standby therefore of course.

Yes, I use that function
When I switch off TV the Vero goes in standby.
But standby will not power down the USB ports. There is another thread on USB disks going into sleep. This should happen automatically if there is no access to the disk and the enclosure works correctly.

Yeah, they go to standby after a while, but not immediately. No problem anyway.

But I was to quick when posting it’s doing as supposed. I’ve got anything on off or ignore. Only CEC active itself and connected to on AVR. And I really struggle to power of the system… it get’s woken up again and again, sometimes it’s okay to turn off again, other moments I have to try again and again -.- Interestingly, sometimes only the TV is turning back on but AVR stays in standby. Seems the AVR forwards the HDMI signal also in standby-mode…

Appreciating any help… :confused:

Do you happen to be using a Harmony remote?

On the Denon I would check your HDMI Setup settings and set HDMI Control -Pass Source to ‘Last’ and 'Pow. Off Control ‘All’ if it is not already (assuming your model is using similar settings).

With the CEC controls in Kodi I would reboot after changing them as some settings don’t seem to take correctly until you do.

Sometimes CEC (in general, not specific to this particular hardware) gets a bit confused. Unplugging all of your equipment from the mains for a minute can sometimes clear up issues.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your advise, I changed the pass source to ‘last’ and as far as I can say by now this seems to do the trick. It has been ‘kodi’ aka my vero before. Also I use the LG remote, no harmony.

1 Like