Vero 4K - USB Splitter

I’m currently using both of the two USB ports on my Vero 4K, one with the power supply and the other with a gigabit LAN to USB adapter. To control the Vero, I’m using the integrated IR with a Harmony remote which works but is quite laggy and slow. I’d like to use the official Vero remote because, as far as I can recall, it’s a bit more responsive. I’m wondering if it would be possible to use a USB Y Splitter like this https://www.amazon.de/System-S-Stecker-Buchse-Y-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B075FR11KN/ to hook up the power supply and the USB remote control adapter at the same time. Anyone have any experiences with this?

You would be much better off to get a proper power supply and regain the use of that port that you are currently powering the device with. That y cable is unlikely to work and a proper power supply can probably be had for the same cost.

1 Like

Just get a proper powered USB Hub

What would I need to get exactly? I was under the impression that the Vero 4K power supply always needed to connect via USB, is this not the case?

1 Like

You need a correct power supply to not provide power to the Vero via a Vero’s USB port.

Some time ago @sam_nazarko provided some links how to order them within the osmc shop, see his post

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/vero4k-power-supply/87080/5

Other way would be to get one somewhere else, specification: DC 5V, min. 2A, center positive, coaxial power connector male with OD 5.5mm and ID 2.1mm

Addition: But this link was created BEFORE brexit!

The description of that item states it is for splitting power only. I think it is safe to assume that the data pins are not connected.

New PSU unit from link above. Connecting to power source via 3pin and round power socket on Vero.

Then powered USB hub/splitter to give you extra USB ports. A hub that connects to your 3pin power sources. If you still need more USB sockets.

@sam_nazarko Are these links still valid to order a PSU? I will put an order in if that’s what is required to be able to use the remote again.

Are there any air remotes that work with the Vero 4K out of the box? Something like the LG OLED magic remote I mean where you control a cursor.

Yes – they should work fine. Let me know if you have an issue.

Any air remote won’t directly work over IR - to my knowledge; so would need some kind of USB receiver so it behaves as a keyboard/mouse combination. I don’t anticipate issues with this type of device to control OSMC – but our skin isn’t really designed for mouse control. I’d suggest plugging a mouse in to your device first to actually assess how practical and resourceful it would be to add mouse functionality to your device. It may be less beneficial than you anticipated.

Got my PSU today and can now use the remote and the ethernet simultaneously, a success story!

1 Like