Vero 4K+ v19 - Many Problems

I see your UI is set to 4K and not 1080p as I suggested. This will cause numerous issues including a choppy interface. Please reference the following…

Recommended display settings

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty) *
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. *Information regarding the whitelist can be found here. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.

In settings>media>videos>use video tags you should disable that option as it is much more likely to make some items fail to scan than provide any useful function.

In add-on go to information providers and check to see if TVDB is installed, enabled, and current (should be 3.2.8). I would suggest to consider switching over the TMDb TV Shows instead. To do that you would go to video>files and on each TV show source context menu and select “change content”.

As for the DNS issue I would repeat my earlier advice to try to bypass that.