I switched source paths to IP and UPDATE LIBRARY now reconciles (although it still takes longer than it used to). After this switch, I haven’t had an opportunity to use Vero long enough to verify whether this fixes the UI/playback issues, but I suspect it will… I’ll report back after I have a chance to test further.
What I don’t understand is why after 3 years, the unit all of a sudden cannot reconcile the data sources via path name immediately after installing v19. Something changed in the Vero 4k+ that caused this to happen. My LAN configuration has remained unchanged for years.
The Vero is always set to 1080p… I’ve been toggling the resolution between 1080p and 4K to test the performance delta between the two settings. The resolution happened to still be at 4K when I generated the log file. I will definitely also apply your recommended video settings to see if that further improves things.
EDIT: I just noticed that when I set the resolution to 1920x1080p, the OS does not fit the screen. Text near the edge (e.g. clock) falls off the side. I don’t recall ever seeing this on 1080p. Recommendations to fix this?
Other than polling for cast images, all metadata is stored locally in directory-specific .nfos.
Thanks for your help… Again, I’ll report back once I have a chance to properly test everything with this new configuration.
It looks like everything is working as it should. Thanks for your help.
If at all possible I would like to go back to browsing for an SMB path rather than manually entering an IP address + path. My LAN has multiple NAS, each with multiple HDDs, which adds up a fair number of unique data sources that need to be entered into Kodi. Browsing for a path is so much easier, especially when incidents like this come up.
So my Vero 4K+ works perfectly fine except for one issue. Since upgrading to v19.1 and changing the network locations to IP addresses, the unit has a delay of ~22 to 25 seconds from the time I press play on a video before it actually starts playing. This recurs 100% of the time a video is started or resumed.
I should note that the NAS HDDs the Vero 4K+ are reading from are awake and spinning (i.e. the delay is not caused by the HDD spinning-up). Before upgrading to v19.1 and before remapping with IP address, the delay was approximately 4 seconds.
It might just be a coincidence, but the log shows that connman took over 30 seconds to confirm the presence of an Internet connection. It could be a problem with the LAN, WAN or DNS, but I’d normally expect to see it taking 1 or 2 seconds:
I’m not familiar with iperf3. FYI, the storage are dedicated NAS units, not managed servers that support third-party applications. The Vero 4k+ is directly wired to the router. The NAS are attached to an unmanaged switch wired to the router. Again, the network configuration hasn’t changed in ~4 years. The only change is the upgrade to Kodi v19 and switching to mapped IP rather than samba.
I disabled the Embuary script and it looks like the library update scanning completes more quickly, but no impact to the original play-delay I originally reported.
I now understand how iperf3 works, but it can’t be installed on my NAS, which precludes the testing the instructions refer to.
There’s nothing in my router settings that would implement flow control. I iterated through every setting and there’s nothing called “flow control” nor are there any settings enabled that look related to that functionality.