Vero 4K versus Pi 3

Hi

I’ve just ordered Vero 4K, and was wondering if there is any difference between the OS used for the Vero 4K and Pi when installing packages (non app store)? There will of course be driver differences to support different hardware, but both are debian ARM 64, right?, and therefore apps (debian packages) which run on Pi should run on Vero…? I would imagine that Vero also supports internet sharing from wireless to wired just like the Pi OSMC?

Cheers, Geoff.

OSMC on Vero 4K and Pi are both ARMv7.
You will be able to use the same binaries and packages, yes, provided they don’t depend on any specific Pi functionality. If you give us an idea of what you want to run we can advise.

Are you referring to tethering via My OSMC? This has always been quite experimental, but we are improving it slowly.

Sam

hey Sam, thanks for reply.

I probs made my requirements sound more demanding than they actually are! The only non app-store app i run is Resilio-Sync, which i use to share content across a few devices i provide and manage for friends and family.

Thanks again, love your work.

Cheers, Geoff.

That should work just fine.

We’ll send you an email with tracking details when it ships

Sam

1 Like

no hurry, you’ve done such good work with these devices…all the reviews say that the Vero is the best and is an oasis in the desert of fly-by-night Kodi box providers selling and running. Cheers, Geoff.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words.

If you like OSMC on Pi you will definitely like it on the Vero 4K.

Sam