Vero 4k video freeze for 3-5 seconds on last frame after a pause that was longer than 10 seconds

Still crashes the same way. :frowning:

PM sent with logs, Sam. I enabled debug logging so hopefully that worked.

Rolling back (again).

Thanks for testing.

New version didn’t build because of a ScummVM emulator failure from upstream (Kodi).

Ah.

Does that mean it’s fixed now or waiting for something else?

Not yet.

Kk. I will wait patiently (said me never).

:crazy_face:

Can you try updating again?
Should be fixed now.

Sam

2 Likes

Updated. And from some quick, limited testing - problem is solved! Thanks, Sam! :heart_eyes:

Yay, it is working just fine now :slight_smile:

Thx Sam, this must have been a real pain to solve if you could not produce the error.

He learned how to pause a video in exactly the right place :grin:

3 Likes

I have this issue as well.
What should I update to get this resolved?
Thanks.

Just wait for the next stable release. Coming very soon, now.

Couple of hours

Are you referring to vero3-mediacenter-osmc 18.2.0-12? I just installed this and on the very first playback, the video played for about 1 second, and froze for about 5 seconds before playing at double-speed until it caught up with the audio. The audio played normally. This was during the start of playback, not the resume after a pause. Is this the correct package version or should I wait for a subsequent one?

That’s the one.

Does this happen with all files or just some? Try a different series / film?

Sam

It didn’t reproduce on the same file but for me the problem has always been intermittent; I never had a way to reliably reproduce the problem. In the past I would see it around once every few days (average; sometimes a few times in one day and sometimes many days without it occurring).

Time will tell if this build is better, worse, or the same. So far I only have one occurrence but the behavior is the same as all the others I have seen…

Do you have a previous posting about this?
If not – it would be good to see some debug logs when this occurs.

Sam

I don’t have debug logging enabled because that text overlay is vastly more of a nuisance than an event that may not occur for days. If I could have debug logging without the overlay I’d do it but that overlay is unacceptable for an event that I cannot reproduce reliably and I just have to wait for it to occur.

Do you know how to use ssh? You can turn on debug logging without the overlay with this in your .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings:

<advancedsettings>
    <!-- To turn on debugging without the overlay -->
    <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Of course, just add loglevel if you already have and advancedsettings.

You need to restart Kodi after making the change:

sudo systemctl restart mediacenter

Thanks. I should have figured there was a way to do it in the advancedsettings. I’ve made the change and the log is showing debug log lines without the overlay. Now to await it reproducing the issue.