Vero 4K, Video short blackouts

There are not fully removed, they are still in your sources.xml

Your best bet would be to do as @Dilligaf suggested and rename .kodi. You can copy the sources.back to the new .kodi after removing the offending lines.

I’m working on that.
Renaming the .kodi directory means a lot of config work to be redone and a long wait for the scans to finish.

you can copy the database folder from the old to the new, just delete the addons.db file

I’ve done that but not all thumbnails are restored, will try to fix that later.

Uploaded log
https://paste.osmc.tv/bapurebeqa

Do you experience this issue with local video playback?

I haven’t tried local video playback yet.

Since I have not been able to reproduce this consistently (although it does happen often, I’m not able to make it happen). And it also happens when simple having the interface/skin visible without doing anything.

I will try local playback and see if I get it then as well.

It took me a while to reproduce (I cannot force it to happen) but this also happens when on local video playback. I tried changing the hdmi cable as well, no difference.

Since this does not happen with osmc on a raspberry pi2, could it be that the cec implementation for this machine is the cause of this? I ask this because a few times while just using the interface, Kodi suddenly stopped responding to my TV remote (osmc remote still worked) and the TV showed a popup telling me it lost connection, this happened both in the video list and on the “main” page. The only way to get the connection back was by restarting the vero 4k.

Have received and installed the most recent updates?

I always keep the osmc devices up-to-date.
I did not see an update yesterday so unless there was an update after I finished watching, the Vero 4K is up-to-date.

Check your version in My OSMC. Should be June 2017.

Check that the hdmi cable is not loose on the back of the device

Hi. This is interesting. I got my Vero4k just a few days ago and it’s been working fine, but yesterday when I tried watching things I got these intermittent blackouts as well. Sometimes the audio continues and screen went black for a second and sometimes the audio dropped out.
I thought it was because I’ve been trying to install hyperion/boblight but perhaps there’s something else going on.
I’m going to try to reinstall the Vero later today and see if that solves it.

Version was May 2017, updated now to June 2017 (not tested yet).

The hdmi-cable was not loose on either the Vero nor on the TV side. I changed now to a third hdmi cable (different lengths different qualities) but the same thing kept happening. (may 2017 version).

I reinstalled using a microsd-card and now everything seems to be working again for me.

1 Like

The update to June 2017 did not solve the problem. I just had a blackout while wandering through the menus of kodi. Also since a while my Philips TV does not detect the Vero 4K anymore and CEC has stopped working with the Vero 4K. Not sure if that is related.

Is the Vero 4K directly plugged in to the wall, or an extension chord?
Any attached peripherals?

CEC won’t likely be related. Try powering everything off at mains for 10 mins (usually fixes CEC problems)

The Vero 4K is plugged into an extension chord together with the TV and a low power device.

The Vero 4K is attached to the TV via HDMI and to a dolby-capable-receiver via SPDIF. And the Vero Remote USB transciever is plugged in to the Vero 4K. The receiver is usually turned off, it is only turned on for some series or movies.

Taking both the Vero 4K and the Philips TV of the mains for about 30min. did not fix the CEC problems. I’ll try with a RPi2 this weekend to check if the CEC of the Philips TV has stopped working.

The blackouts seem to get more frequent now. It used to be that the blackouts only happened every few days, now it happens every day and usually in the first episode I watch. Regardless if it is a Movie, TV episode of from a add-on (I used the NPO (local public broadcast app) plugin yesterday and it had a blackout about 45% into the episode).

Plug it directly in to the wall. Using an extension chord is not advised

That will be difficult, but I’ll try.