Vero 4K, Video short blackouts

I recently bought a Vero 4K, (previously used a rpi-2 with osmc). When playing video’s from my NAS I sometimes have a short blackout in which the screen goes black and the sound stops. It lasts for about a second and then the video continuous. Sometime the sounds is back immediately and sometimes the sound starts a second later (like when you pause a video and then resume it).

My setup:
Vero 4K running OSMC standard.
Connected by ethernet, no wifi configured.
TV is a Philips TV 1920x1080 HDMI.
The video’s are all on a couple of NFS shares.

The setup is the same as the one I had with the RPI-2 which did not have this problem.

Hi Pieter,

logs showing this issue, will probably help.

More details about your setup would probably help:

video, under: settings, player?
NFS: Software mounted via browsing nfs in kodi or kernel mounted; fstab?

Thanks Tom.

I’ll take a look at the logs and the video settings when I’m back home.

NFS: Mounted via Kodi, The vero 4k is on a different subnet so I had to enter the nfs url manually (after which it showed the directory contents).

So far I have not yet logged in to the vero 4k with ssh.

Is it an old Phillips TV?
Have you tried another hdmi cable?

Anything between the tv and the Vero such as a sound bar?

Can you try playing a video locally … ie copying one of those videos from the NAS to a local filesystem on the Vero4K.

Depends on what you call old. I think it is a philips tv from 2012.

I haven’ tried a different hdmi cable yet.

I’ll try to view files locally tonight.

The vero4k is connected directly to the tv with nothing inbetween.

With the rpi2 I’ve never had this problem and it was in the exact same setup.

Does it only happen once for that particular video or multiple times during playback ?

If only once does it happen predictably just a few seconds after starting playback, or is it in a random location ?

Do you have “adjust display refresh rate” in Settings->Video->Player set to always or on stop/start ? If so does it still happen if you set that to Off ?

Sorry for the very late follow up. Health problems and time shortage.

What I see is that this happens sporadically and (so far) never twice in the same movie. Also, when I “rewind” the movie to a spot before where the blackout happened and restart playback, it does not happen again at that timestamp.

I recently noticed the blackouts also happen when walking through or looking at the interface (like looking through the listed movies).

As for your questions:

Does it only happen once for that particular video or multiple times during playback ?
So far, only once.

If only once does it happen predictably just a few seconds after starting playback, or is it in a random location ?
It looks random, I’ve never seen it happen within a few after starting playback though.

Do you have “adjust display refresh rate” in Settings->Video->Player set to always or on stop/start ? If so does it still happen if you set that to Off ?
I have not changed that setting from the default. I’ll look into at tonight.

A couple of osmc updates have been (automatically) installed since my first post. Nothing changed with regards to the blackouts. I did notice that during the first 2 updates the TV showed “Unsupported resolution” (or something like that). The updates seemed to have continued anyway since after a few minutes OSMC rebooted like normal (without my interaction). The updates after that all showed the normal blue ascii like screen.

We might be trying to switch to a mode your TV doesn’t support, but possibly advertises support for.

Can you upload some logs via the My OSMC log uploader?

Sam

Logs uploaded

osiwiveyoq

I just checked the setting and is was already set to Off.

You need to post the full URL for your logs.

Try changing the ‘adjust display refresh rate’ setting to Stop/Start.

Full url should then be:

Just had the same blackout again, uploaded logs to:

I 'll change the adjust refresh setting

I see that you are using a banned addon. Please remove the addon, and then repost your logs.
I know it probably isn’t causing your problem, but some of those addons are problematic, so it’s best to remove them.

Hi there,

Unfortunately we’ve had to remove your thread from public viewing because it mentions a pirate addon, repository or website. We cannot provide any support for piracy. You should seek support from the developer of the addon or provider of the repo.

To get a better idea of our piracy policy, please see this link here FAQ - OSMC Forums You are welcome to edit your post and request for it to be re-listed at anytime.

Thank you for your understanding

Sorry, I did not realise I had pirate addon(s) installed. I will remove the addons.

Great, post logs once you’ve done that so I can re-list your post. I’d suggest that you remove both Fusion and Genesys Reborn.

Probably best to completely remove/rename the .kodi directory to insure complete removal, they can do some sneaky stuff.

I removed reborn and exodus and (I hope) all their repos.

log:

Please let me know if more needs to be done