Vero 4k vs 4k+ pared to LG Oled E7 with truehd on usb

Hey there! Specifically Sam. I also sent a message in the contact form, but I found some additional info;

‘‘LG TVs also now support the lossless Dolby TrueHD decoding format internally, but this must be delivered into the television over a non-ARC HDMI input for decoding internally by the television.’’

But im not sure if theyre also talking about the 7 series on this point. It SEEMS like it but im not sure :ooo it seems to check out with reddit users doing that with nvidia shields.

Now I’m still wondering everything i put in that message, but do u know more about this point? I have a usb where i always put my truehd bluray downloads on but the webos player doesnt decode it to dd+ atmos. It just becomes dolby 5.1. With the above source it seems like it will work if i stick a usb in the vero and THEN play the truehd track??? And does this differ for the vero 4k vs the 4k+?

I also read dolby vision doesnt work with a vero, but do those bluray downloads even pop dolby vision? I dont believe so?

Examples of my downloads i put on the usb:
a-movie.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-FGT

Hi

I’ve got your message but would prefer to reply here, as it may benefit others.

My understanding is you have an LG OLED E7, and the internal player gives no sound when playing files which have a TrueHD track.

You’ve read that your TV supports TrueHD signals over HDMI.

The Vero could therefore send this TrueHD signal to your device and you’ll hear sound. If you don’t hear sound, you could disable TrueHD passthrough and it would be transcoded on the fly without having to re-encode your files.

I hope this helps

Yeah replying here is fine!

Hm i did read that but im not sure if it was correct for the 7 model. It seems to be but it is VERY hard to find.

Wait what do you mean with disabling TrueHD passthrough and it being transcoded? Does the tv transcode that or the Vero?

And if I hook up the vero to hdmi 1, my sonos arc to hdmi 2 (arc), I wont get lip or audio sync issues? (Only local usb files, i wont use plex)

Well – if your TV doesn’t do Atmos, then if fed an Atmos signal, you won’t hear anything.
I wouldn’t be too considered about whether the TV does this or not, unless you’ve got a sound system, because TV speakers won’t really let you hear the difference.

When you get the Vero, there’re options to enable passthrough for a number of audio formats. If you do not enable TrueHD passthrough, we will decode it and stream it as LPCM, which the TV will understand.

This should be OK. This is a bit of a read, but should advise you well: Audio hardware and software configuration

Yeah I’m using the sonos arc + two sonos ones, which support atmos. But I have to plug that speaker into the tv the articles say, not in the vero if that is a think that people do (i dont know)

Ah okay I understand! And will that decode be picked up as 5.1? Or dolby 5.1 idk? Or should i then just select audio track two, which is dolby digital audio 5.1?

I will read the article when I make my choice and get it btw :slight_smile:

Have one last question btw, I saw a vero 4k close to my house for sale, what is missing on the 4k that 4k+ has? I really dont have the money to jump in and buy a 118 euro ish item right now so maybe I should start there. It’s a bit battered up, but I will only use the usb function anyway. Anything missing that i need when i play those blu ray tracks on usb?

Couldnt find any 4k versus 4k+ articles on the internet

Hi,

You could enable Dolby AC3 transcoding to have it played as Dolby.
Or you could use the Dolby track if it’s included in the file.

The main feature of the 4K+ will be gigabit Ethernet.
You won’t benefit from this if streaming from an attached USB.

The differences are explained in a bit more detail here: Vero 4K + is here - OSMC.

Thanks sam! Im just getting a 4k+ when i have the money, the one seller for the normal 4k is not replying. Will be a good choice :slight_smile:

1 Like