Vero 4K Working Great

If just like to say that I’ve been really happy with my Vero 4K and the October 2018 update. I’ve had some issues in the past, but it’s been performing flawlessly with my 4K HDR films and is a delight to use. Thanks for constantly working to make this a great device and constantly improving it. It’s confirmed that it was the right hardware to purchase for me.

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

2 Likes

I chime in here. Just bought a new 4k UHD QLED and my old nuc wasn’t able to handle HDR and UHD properly (Of course I knew that). So after a bit of browsing the kodi forum I caught up on the vero and just bought it. It’s pretty neat and handles my hughe ass library pretty well, gui is smooth even with a million thumbnails, didn’t expect that. Needs a little more finetuning on my side but so far I’m pretty happy with it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear this. If you need help with fine-tuning or have any questions, just start a post and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Same here: its working great!

Got my Vero 4K+ four weeks ago and was playing around a lot. I want to replace my old Intel PC as a mediaplayer. The PC will be kept as tvheadend server for all my Kodi devices.

One improvement suggestions: add labels to the audio and IR input. I’m always confusing them. :slight_smile: Or maybe a graphic describing all in/outputs in the small booklet.

Also took some notes on power consumption and it is very impressive (coming from a full PC):

• booting: 2.5 to 5 W
  • Kodi idle on homescreen: 2.2 W
  • play MP3 from NAS: 2.3 W
  • watching 1080p/DTS-HD mkv from NAS: 2.7 W
  • watching 4K/Dolby Atmos mkv from NAS: 4 W
  • standby: 2.2 W
  • off: 0.3 W
    (device was running testing 17.8-426, 1 March 2019)

I will continue to play around, get my Harmony remote working, further test the HDMI connection to my AV receiver and just enjoy this great device with my family.

1 Like

I would like to echo the comments here.

I have my 4K+ playing all my rips from DVD, BR and UHD BR. It plays everything flawlessly, including frame rate switching and SDR to HDR switching. I don’t really know of any other solution for playing SDR and HDR content as well.

My only desire would be a little faster processor for more CPU intensive skins. Im using aeon silvo which is OK but not as smooth as on PC. Aeon silvo suits me perfectly because it is simple but pretty. Importantly for me it includes mediaflag icons for Australian classifications, something which is VERY important to me as my children use Vero 4K+ to watch their movies too and its all in the same library.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will take it in to consideration.

I have some further GUI speedups planned.
I hope to release this around mid to end of April.

Sam

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a terrific box. Improvements are always welcome and I’m looking forward to the offical Leia release. But seriously it’s a very good box.

3 Likes