I have rather weird issue here with my Vero while playing back any kind of movie.
During playback - and this can happen between 3 to 6 times per 45Minutes - the screen gets black, audio is dead, and then comes back a second later and I have the impression that more than a second was skipped.
As if it has continued playing, but the HDMI link got interrupted.
The debug log has brought up nothing.
- This happens with any movie/TV Show HD or SD - no difference. m4v, avi etc.
- TV is a LG 42/LK 45 non Intelligent Connected through HDMI to the Receiver
- Receiver is a Kenwood KRF_V9300D 5.1 Receiver.
- Vero is connection to the Receiver through HDMI too. Vero is connected to the local LAN using WiFi 2.4GHz, however in a channel not used by anyone else (All neighboards have their local set top boxes from 3 different manufacturers - all using their own channel :} Only 3 in use). CEC is disabled.
- Files are coming from a QNap SS839 NAS. It is based on an Atom 1.6GHz CPU - 2GB Ram, and has a max file transfer rate of around 35MBytes/s. File shares are through NFS.
- Everything is controlled through an old Harmony remote (IR). And I am hit by the IR unresponsiveness too.
- Kodi is configured to use the MySQL DB also provided by the QNap NAS.
- WiFi is 54Mbps - but the Vero manages to negociate ~12Mbps link - which is stable.
I have disabled whatever I could on the device (Airplay, zeroconfig crap etc.), metadata extraction out of Media files too.
Music playback works fine - especially when using FLAC - I don’t have these issues.
MP3 - sometimes a drop-out, but very rare. But that happens also on the 3 Raspberry PI’s and XioS DS devices I have in house. PI’s are running Raspbmc x2, and one osmc.
So - what could I do ?
I only have one kodi.log file (debug mode 2) available. However, if one wants me to upload it through the Vero Interface - let me know.
Note - Eventually I could connect the vero HDMI Port to the TV Directly, and audio through ta fiber connector.
Will that make any difference ?
Logs are here: Debug log: level 2