Vero, GUI shown in 4:3 aspect after RC2 upgrade. Slow menus

Do we have some sort of timeframe, the 4:3 problem got worse for me since the latest update…I was able to get around it before on my Sony, but now I can’t if I want 1920x1080

I know I probably sound like a broken record, but are you guys absolutely sure that you can’t put your TV’s in a 1:1 pixel mode ?

I find it very hard to believe that there isn’t a way to do it, and that it wouldn’t force the TV to remain in 16:9 mode. If you can’t find the correct settings please post the exact model number of your TV and I will see if I can find any information.

Even though this bug clearly needs fixing, if you are not already using 1:1 pixel mode you will be losing quite a bit of visual quality (and having the outside of the picture cut off) whether or not this bug existed.

Well it is hard to say what Sony calls this, but what happens is that the aspect ratio is set to Normal which used to give you full screen on all resolutions. On the previous version I got full screen if I had the refresh rate to 50. Now it doesn’t matter if it is 50 or 60 it is going to be 4:3 on the so called normal mode.

I can change the aspect to what Sony calls fullscreen (helskärm in Swedish as in the pic) and then I get the entire picture. I can lock it to fullscreen so I don’t have to change it all the time, but before it worked with the auto-setting.

The model is KDL-55W905A.

I have a Sony KDL-46HX853. Same issue as above.

However, I cannot permanently set the aspect ratio. The TV reverts to Normal each time I turn on which is required since my amp handles input switching. It’s a single output going to HDMI1 on the TV. Aspect has to remain in auto mode.

It has nothing to do with 1:1 pixel mapping. What you’re describing is overscan from CRT days. My TV defaults to overscan being off.

The Vero is sending out the wrong aspect since RC2 update. Surely you can find what you changed and revert it back?

Thanks

Any news on the 3D issue yet?

Regarding the subwoofer audio channel of DD and DTS content not being passed to my Denon, I solved it finally. it was a huge bug, on my part. It seems that if the cable is not plugged in correctly, the channel doesn’t find its way… go figure!!! :hankey:

Issues still pending on my setup to achieve perfection:
1 - Aspect Ratio jumping to 4:3 instead of 16:9;
2 - 3D playing.

Keep up the good work guys.

To all you struggling with your Sony TV’s, it’s really easy to fix this.
Go to the channel where your Vero is.
If cec is enabled, disable it by pressing sync menu on your remote, and choose to operate your tv with the remote.
Now;

1. Press the home button on your remote.
  2. Choose settings up in the right corner.
  3. Choose the first on the drop-down (don’t know if it’s all alike, but you want to edit the screen settings)
  4. Choose the third (something like screen control)
  5. Here you can choose to turn on and off autoformat and automatic picture size, so you can set your tv to full pixel aka 1:1.

A little poor description due to having Norwegian language on my TV. Tried my best, hope this helps.

-Andreas

Have any of you having this 4:3 issue upgraded to RC3 yet ? This problem should be fixed now.

We’d like to know whether it is indeed fixed, but the silence here is deafening… :slight_smile:

I confirm that this issue was solved with RC3, in my setup.

1 Like

Cheers