Vero keeps switching back to 720p

Does anyone know why my Vero 4K+ keeps switching the desktop back to 720p every time I restart the device? I have to manually go into Settings and set the resolution to 1080p. Other settings are saved on reboot, is this a bug? Using latest October release of OSMC. Thanks for any tips.

This should be fixed in the next release. Please post logs so we can tell you how to fix it now.

1 Like

Same issue here. Only happens if I shut down/restart from menu. If just unplugged, it keeps 1080p

1 Like

Log is here (I’m assuming it’s the full log you need?) I realized this only happens after a hard reboot (shut down, then restart) as opposed to a soft reboot via the “Power” menu. The log shows me doing a soft reboot first (still 1080p), then a power cycle (after which it’s back to 720p).

Enable HPD Lock for now as a work around

1 Like

Enable HPD Lock for now as a work around

Actually, that didn’t work! There was a power cut today and when I got home, the device was back in 720p :persevere:
See pic (click for larger version):

I don’t think you will have to wait long for the next version update, which should fix it. A power cut will not have allowed Kodi to save its settings properly, anyway.

You have to enable it, reboot, set resolution to 1080p and then it will stay :). Anyway, Sam published preview [TESTING] Vero 4K / 4K + video improvements

2 Likes

This should resolve your issue. Please let us know how you get on.

1 Like