Vero ship date?

Well, when I bought the Vero on the first day when available you sent this email:

Hi,
Thank you for your purchase. I’ll keep you updated every two weeks with development and shipping updates so you know what’s going on.

I got 1 email after this, since then quiet. The blog doesn’t say anything about the real progress, what I read in the forum is that the hardware is not completely finished and the software still in alpha-build. O yes, I remember Sam stating that the software will be firstly available for 1st gen. Apple TV users because of their support for CrystalBuntu. Too many promises not fulfilled!! You have gone commercial Sam, that goes with responsibilities; I am thinking on a refund tbh…

+1

Yes we need real updates on progress and photos of the componentry …

1 Like

Come on give Sam some extra time and do not accusing him of false promises it makes no sense at all :angry:

It is not a matter of “giving time”, but a matter of communication. I have stated this before when there were all kinds of promises about LinXBMC. They were not met. I, and many others, have payed $199 for this device; all I ask for is good communication.

2 Likes

Indeed, I did. I’ve attempted to do that with the progress blog, but it’s clearly not been enough.

The updates are via the progress blog rather than via email. You’ll get one more email which will be a shipping advisory.

The hardware is completely finished. I am now waiting for everything to arrive. The delays that have occurred have been due to the mould on the device taking longer than expected. That’s now resolved and there is no problems with the hardware or software. I did not expect to sell the amount of these devices that I did, which has contributed to some delays.

Where? I stated the software will run on the first generation Apple TV when OSMC is released and will be one of the first supported platforms. I’ve been working on Apple TV. Just yesterday, the new bootloader went in:

I would much rather refund you you order than have an unsatisified customer. Send me an email and I’m happy to do this right away.

linXBMC is now OSMC. The difference is that you did not pay for linXBMC and as such you should have been aware that the work I was doing on it was in my own free time.

I am making sure time is not wasted waiting for components to come in. This has included beginning an official dialog with a streaming company as well as improving the software for the device.

It is hard to keep the blog updated while doing lots of work as well, but I will do my best to keep everyone further updated.

S

If it isn’t going to cause a problem could I have mine without mould? :innocent:

1 Like

The mold issue is fixed. I’ll post up about everything soon.

Check email to confirm your shipping address BTW

Sam

1 Like

I’m curious as to the accounting on the Vero Store page https://osmc.tv/my-account/view-order/XXXX/:

Vero × 1 $129.99
Cart Subtotal: $129.99 (ex. VAT)
Payment Method:
Order Total: $197.09
—————

What happened to the other $67.10?

Hi

Ignore the 129.99 fee. That is the price, in pounds of a Vero. When importing your order, the system takes the current price of the Vero and adds it to your order. It does this in pounds. As you paid in dollars, I had to change the currency to USD. Ignore the price of the Vero – this is not accurate. You should discard this price, and go by the Order Total, which is the actual price you paid your Vero (inc shipping) in US dollars. You’ll get a proper receipt in your box.

Cheers

Sam

I have paid for my Vero some time ago and apart from a single e-mail explaining that I havent been forgotten I have had no other emails.
Have I been dropped off the list perhaps? Or has there only been a single email update?
Not complaining just wondering if I am missing updates on a possible ship date.
Thanks

Hi

That’s a little odd.

Can you send me an email to sam@osmc.tv so I can find out what’s up?

Best

Sam

Any news on the shipping date on the Vero?
Also seeing no new entries on the progress page of Vero… :pensive:

1 Like

There will be an update tonight

Cheers

Sam

2 Likes

How about a little video, so we can see the Vero in action?
It would be nice to see how it performs.

Thank you.

1 Like

Yes, it’s about time I did that!

The reason I haven’t done it yet is because I’ve been waiting for our skin to be 100% done.

Sam

2 Likes

Hi guys,

My apologies for the delay in the last update.

Have a read at http://progress.getvero.tv/2015/02/11/the-big-update/

I am of course here to answer any questions you may have

Cheers

S

6 Likes

Sounds really good. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Can you elaborate on this part? “Vero can run Android as well. As a result, you will be able to run Android applications.”
Does this mean it can run Android apps on OSMC? Or does it mean we can flash (dual boot?) an AOSP Rom?

Yes, but you’ll need to drag and drop the Android applications over.

Yes, if you’re willing to port it to Vero’s platform. We will provide a reference kernel and build which are based on the AOSP ROM with hardware enablement and platform specific patches.

Best

Sam

1 Like

Wow, Netflix on the Vero! That is really cool. I had wished for this feature but did not expect it to be implemented, maybe only via dubious plugins or a lot of Linux voodoo. Very good news indeed.