Vero ship date?

Are there any updates on when Vero will start shipping?

Cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian

I have been sending progress emails out to everyone that’s bought one. I have also set up a progress blog at progress.getvero.tv which I plan to upgrade regularly.

If you haven’t bought one yet and are interested in buying one now, you’ll get it in February

1 Like

Hmmm, that’s strange. I bought a Vero on day 1 but I haven’t received any updates yet.

i also bought VERO 3 dec.and not recived any news or emails

PS Sorry message was in spam

I think some messages have been going to junk, this is why I set up the progress blog, so that everyone can stay tuned.

I looked in my spam folder but couldn’t find anything. What’s the email address that was used to send them out?

Cheers,
Ian

sam at osmc dot tv

Email me there and I’ll resend the mail, but as I say news is going to be at progress.getvero.tv.

Next step: scoping PSU

Cheers

I’ve been thinking a little about this. Will OSMC be “ready”, as in not in Alpha when Vero is shipping in January? Will the OSMC skin and app-store for example be in place in time? Will you ship Vero anyway in january if OSMC has not reached a final release yet, or will you postpone the Vero shipments?

Will the OSMC have a first-time startup-wizard for non-techies that will ask them for language/time zone, calibrate the TV, add media sources and things like that?

2 Likes

It will be ready in time.

Yes – that’s why I added language selection, WiFi setup etc in the installer.

4 Likes

Any news about the Vero? Bought one the first day :slight_smile:
The Progress blog is last updated Dec 16. Sure there must be something to write about :smile:
I would really like to see a video of the Vero in action.
Is the first batch still planned to ship in January?

1 Like

I have exams this week so it has delayed things a bit. Should post an update soon.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi,
I saw the progress blog, things are moving forward that’s great :+1:
But is there any target date for shipping ? “January” is vague. Can’t wait.

Cheers

Hi,

You’re right that is a bit vague. For now I’m just waiting for some bits to come in as well as ensuring OSMC is in great shape. I would rather keep people waiting a little bit than ship a half baked product.

I should have some more to put on the progress blog over the next couple of days

Cheers

Sam

An update would be nice mid January has now come and gone.

Indeed – I’ll be doing that tomorrow, some cool news ahead!

Sam

ping :smirk: :wink:

PONG
http://progress.getvero.tv/

Yeah… but not updated since the 6, is it ?

Sam, are there any updates on progress? The website is awaiting an update.

Hi guys,

I have neglected the blog a bit! My apologies – I’ll give it an update later today. I’m mainly waiting for bits to just arrive now – but I’ve made sure that time is not wasted on that, so I’ve been working on a feature that I’m sure a few of you will enjoy and will make things worth the wait (assuming it all works out!)

Sam