Vero V Bluetooth problem

I’d like to report a bluetooth problem with my new Vero V, hope you can help

I recently bought a SofaBaton X1S to use with the vero v, because CEC was acting flaky, controlling Kodi over IR through LIRC causes a noticeable delay between button presses, so i tried to connect sofabaton hub with vero v via bluetooth (present as a keyboard) to see if it can make a difference

When i go to myosmc > bluetooth > enable, and try to pair, no devices are shown at all

ssh into the vero v:

- `hciconfig -a` returns no output

- `/sys/class/bluetooth/` contains no `hci0`

- Wi-Fi discovery works normally

- rebooting vero v does not help

I did `grab-logs -A` and they are on https://paste.osmc.tv/ogoyuruday

logs show repeated Bluetooth initialization failures such as `OP_H5_SYNC Transmission timeout` / `Retransmission exhausts`, followed by `sdio-bt-firmware.service` failing to start

I also installed the latest OSMC update today, during reboot I briefly saw a message saying that vero v bluetooth failed to start, and the boot logs still show repeated H5 sync timeouts and failed to start Vero5 Bluetooth support

Regards, Neven

Hi, I compared your Bluetooth related system log entries with one of my VeroV systems. Looks to be a HW-related issue with the Bluetooth chip set.
I suggest:

  1. Cold boot (disconnect from power supply and reconnect) the VeroV and try again.
  2. On no success contact support@osmc.tv along with your order number, an one-line description of the issue and a link to this topic.

will do, ty for the suggestion

I have purchased Vero V and SofaBaton X1S recently and had no problem pairing them over BT.