Vero V & Harmony Elite

It’s now months ago, I paired my VeroV but I think I used the button on the hub for pairing.
Problem here which prevents me to try to reproduce the process: I’ve done a lot of keyboard customizing in the Harmony app und I’ll lose all changes if I drop the VeroV device and try to reconnect it, since this information is not stored with the configuration data in the cloud.

Addition:
The specific bluetooth configuration you’ll find at /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt mac of vero> in a folder which has the bt mac of the Logitech hub. Perhaps, you should restart from scratch means remove this folder and immediately reboot the VeroV to get a virgin state to start with.

Addition2:
Just for tests I deleted my folder /var/lib/bluetooth/A0:67:XX:YY:ZZ:4A/C8:DB:26:XX:YY:ZZ, did a reboot of the VeroV, pressed the button on the Harmony hub and could at once re-pair the VeroV with the Logitech hub in the MyOSMC - bluetooth menu.

I thought the button on the back of hub was to pair remote with the hub. Will give that a try. Cheers Jim

I actually never used that button, didn’t even know a button was present :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yep, no need to use the button on the hub here, just the steps discussed above.

Tried this but it says the directory cannot be found. From cmd, I managed to get to here, but paired devices is still red in myosmc:

[bluetooth]# connect C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 Attempting to connect to C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed br-connection-create-socket [bluetooth]# connect C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 Attempting to connect to C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 [CHG] Device C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 TxPower: 4 [CHG] Device C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 Class: 0x00000100 [CHG] Device C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 Icon: computer [CHG] Device C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 Connected: yes Connection successful [CHG] Device C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 ServicesResolved: yes [Harmony Keyboard]# info C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 Device C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 (public) Name: Harmony Keyboard Alias: Harmony Keyboard Class: 0x00000100 Icon: computer Paired: yes Trusted: yes Blocked: no Connected: yes LegacyPairing: no UUID: Human Interface Device... (00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb) UUID: Generic Attribute Profile (00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb) UUID: Vendor specific (7e220001-04c0-4909-bd23-665c48550a83) UUID: Vendor specific (830a5548-5c66-23bd-0949-c0040000227e) RSSI: -48 TxPower: 4 [Harmony Keyboard]# scan off [CHG] Device 7F:90:55:F4:EC:E1 TxPower is nil [CHG] Device 7F:90:55:F4:EC:E1 RSSI is nil [CHG] Device C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 TxPower is nil [CHG] Device C8:DB:26:03:89:E1 RSSI is nil [CHG] Device 24:E8:53:2F:68:5F RSSI is nil [CHG] Controller 5C:C5:63:2A:E1:26 Discovering: no Discovery stopped [Harmony Keyboard]# agent off Agent unregistered [CHG] Controller 5C:C5:63:2A:E1:26 Pairable: no [Harmony Keyboard]# quit

How many devices you’ve configured in your Logitech remote?

11 devices

I had no issue pairing my 2x Harmony Elites with the Vero V. I used the Harmony App on my iPhone to put the Harmony into pairing mode (modifying the existing Vero 4K+ pairing configuration), and did the search from the Vero’s BT menu, which found the remote as “Harmony Keyboard,” and then it was done. Was a very quick process for both units. At no point did I need to press hardware buttons on the remote or base.

1 Like

AfaIk the hub only has a limit of 8 devices but the Elite combo should allow 15 devices, so that should not be the problem.

If you are in the MyOSMC menu: What happens if you select the red item of the Harmony Keyboard?
Is there a menu providing a reconnect or remove device feature?

There should be several ways to solve this and start from scratch

1. method, ssh login as user osmc, example:
sudo bluetoothctl
Agent registered
[CHG] Controller A0:67:20:09:B5:4A Pairable: yes
[bluetooth]# devices
Device C8:DB:26:06:BD:E5 Harmony Keyboard
[bluetooth]# remove  C8:DB:26:06:BD:E5
[DEL] Device C8:DB:26:06:BD:E5 Harmony Keyboard
Device has been removed
[bluetooth]# exit
sudo reboot
  1. method, ssh login as user osmc
$ sudo -i
rm -R /var/lib/bluetooth/*
reboot
  1. method, remove the current configured device using the MyOSMC menu

While playing with the Logitech hub and the VeroV, I learned that it is important to have the VeroV near the hub (range around 0.5 - 1 m) to get the discovery and pairing done.

1 Like

Yes, this now worked. Deleted rexisting device via myOSMC. Edited existing activity in Harmony app, replacing MS media player with MS/Kodi. This seemed to force a sync with hub & remote and was found and added via myosmc. Thanks to all those that helped.

3 Likes

Mine arrived today and is already up and running after an hour, restoring a previous backup.
Searching for my Harmony Elite went without issues, re-paired and everything is working perfectly.

2 Likes

I got my Vero V back and I just remembered I had this issue before, that holding the OK button doesn’t bring up the action menu anymore.

This works without issues on the Vero 4K, is this a button press timing issue or so?

Are both on the same version of OSMC?
If so – I don’t think it will be OSMC related.

Both updated to the latest version, same profile/settings everything, just an other device as endpoint.
So could be not on OSMCs side, but then it’s hardware related :frowning:

It is.

Kodi will load a special keymap when it sees an OSMC dongle. Since the Vero V has an internal dongle this keymap will always load by default. This keymap has the long-press enter key nooped globally as it is redundant when you have a menu button on your remote. You can change this behavior in two ways. First is to just manually add a keymap to map it back to global. Any mappings in your userdata will override the ones loaded before them. The other option is to just disable the special keymap entirely to go back to standard Kodi defaults which is explained in the following guide…

Thanks for the explanation!

I already have a custom keymap, but does it need to have the OK button or menu entry mapped within to get around it?

I only got this atm:

<keymap>
    <fullscreenvideo>
        <keyboard>
            <u>AudioNextLanguage</u>
            <w>PlayerDebug</w>
        </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

would I need a section like this extra?

<global>
    <keyboard>
        <return mod="longpress">action</return>
    </keyboard>
</global>

Yes, with “contextmenu” as the action. The simplified explanation is your mapping are going to be what is the system level keyboard.xml, unless there is a different action overriding it in osmc_remote.xml, unless you have actions overriding in your ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ folder. They load in order with a stack and replace. Those two files I linked should work as as a reference for any customizations you want to do. Mapping context menu to global will undo the noop I put in for global but if you search that keymap you will find other places you may want to change it as well. Notably I have that set for the homepage to reload the skin. To make it work as a context menu you would need to either map it to the home window the same as global or else do a

<Home>
	<keyboard>
		<return mod="longpress"/>
	</keyboard>
</Home>

which would remove the window specific mapping so that key then uses the global mapping.

And if you want to really tweak it out you may find that ssh and “kodi-send -a reloadkeymaps” is your friend.

1 Like

Why don’t you just map that function through the Harmony software? I didn’t need to change anything to have Harmony work as intended in Kodi

Thanks, will try this as soon as I can.

Well that could be possible, but why change something within Harmony when it is clearly the source that changed.
I have it mapped default at the Harmony side and change the above so that it fits me, I’ve been using it for years like this, starting from CEC with the RPi (back in the days with RaspBMC) which made me start changing it this way I guess.