Vero V questions

Hi,

Finally a bit of time to give you a proper response to everything – although almost everything has been covered for you already.

As summarised, you can back everything up and restore it from a Vero 4K + device without an issue.

OSMC’s internal remote receiver is RF based but it is to be used for the supplied remote receiver only. The IR receiver however remains the same as the Vero 4K/4K+ receiver and can be used for other remotes.

Regarding your IR remote issues. We need a bit more information.

You stated that you rolled back. Did this fix the Home and Menu button behaviour?

This chap did:

I would recommend upgrading, even if you have some remote issues. Vero 4K / 4K + will soon be reaching its end of life. If you like the product, we like you too and we’d like to keep you :slight_smile:

We are aware of some IR performance issues, but we will fix them.
These issues won’t be worse than on the Vero 4K / 4K +.

If the last update was problematic for you, you could downgrade your Vero V to the previous version as well.

I’d prefer to try and resolve your issues for you (specifically the use of the Menu and Home) buttons so we have that ready for you when you move to Vero V. I am assuming these buttons have stopped working altogether and are not affected by playback which is a separate issue

Cheers

Sam