Vero V to replace Mede8er player?

Hi

My Mede8er player has served me well for over 10 year now but I think it’s time for an upgrade. My requirements are fairly basic as I don’t stream at all. I need a player to be able to play H.264 and H.265. I have my files on a USB SSD drive and am used to accessing them in folders so don’t need any fancy interface. I want it to be able to remember the place in the video and to be able to turn off any subtitles which may be coded in a file.

I have looked at various specs and the Vero V seems to fit the brief.

I realise that on this forum you may be biased but is the Vero V a good option for me?

Thanks in advance.

Andyfr.

Playing from a USB drive is a very simple use case and should work just fine out of the box.

1 Like

You could still do that with Vero V but you may want to spend some time understanding Kodi’s library system to get the full benefits of that on Vero.

1 Like

Kodi maintains watched status for both files that have been scrapped into a library and ones that have not.

In addition to doing this via the player controls menu, the OSMC remotes have been programed such that you can long-press (hold down for ~1 second) the play button to toggle soft subtitles on/off, and long-press the stop button to bring up the subtitle settings screen where subtitle selection and other settings are found.

I would note that maintaining a library (scraping) isn’t only about a “fancy interface”. If you maintain any sort of permanent collection of videos a library allows widgets to work so you can have on your home page lists such as in-progress movies, series, and music, as well as recently added for each. You can also do things like hide watched items (movies or episodes) and have series automatically navigate a series into the first unplayed episode. It is also not an all or nothing proposition. I keep a folder that isn’t scrapped into my library for things I plan on deleting after watching and it works well avoiding extra maintenance on the library.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like the library interface might be a good option to have.

It’s very simple to set up, but might involve restructing your files a bit. See https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library.

1 Like

Thank you all. I have just ordered one!

It will ship on Tuesday. Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday in the UK.

Thanks Sam. I’m in the UK too so I expected that the order wouldn’t be processed until Tuesday at the earliest. Looking forward to it.