Vero wireless network fails after may update

Vero 1st gen.

Wifi only.

Says bcm firmware update fails and shows no wireless in settings. How to fix?

It boots normally if I plug in a network cable (but then I have to move it to another room) However, still no wireless settings available.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

http://paste.osmc.io/utodiseqed

What you have provided are not debug enabled logs. There is very little useful information in those Kodi logs.

http://paste.osmc.io/vaziwaqogo

Debugging enabled (i hope). Still with network cable connected

` systemctl status brcm43xx-firmware.service

• brcm43xx-firmware.service - Broadcom 43xx firmware update
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/brcm43xx-firmware.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Mon 2016-05-02 20:45:52 CEST; 51s ago
    Process: 231 ExecStart=/usr/bin/brcm43xx-firmware-update (code=killed, signal=TERM)
    Main PID: 231 (code=killed, signal=TERM)
    `

Hello

as you can see on the hard copy the wifi and the bluetooth has disappear on vero 1 after the may update .

Exactly the same problem here, no wireless after May update.
And no wireless adapter under network settings. Exactly as described above.
Can’t provide logs at the moment because of no network and it hidden so far away I have to dig it out first :wink:

Hi

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem.

I will investigate. For now, I suspect running this command will restore WiFi functionality:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall vero-image-4.4.0-1-osmc

I don’t think you’ll need a network connection to run this command if you were on the January update or later.

2 Likes

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem.

That did the trick.

Same problem, and same solution fixed it (pro tem)
Derek

I can confirm that this solved the problem.

Hopefully you can get to the bottom as to why the wireless died in the new kernel.

I have the same problem. I tried the suggested fix but am told "could not resolve ‘apt.osmc.tv’’ so i guess i’ll need to find a network cable.

Yep. Same issue here. the new kernel-image breaks the WiFi.
Actually - when loading the Bluetooth firmware - it gets stuck and won’t continue. Eventually that also stops the Wireless part of the scripts.
Guess that’s where it breaks it.