Vero1, OSMC 2017.03-1 update, black screen instead of progress bar

Probably not, since the remote works with the rpi 2, also I have tried to change the battery without success on the Vero.

Just for grins wanted to know what power consumption to expect from the RF receiver (took the RF remote and receiver from the Vero 4k which seem to be the same like the one @ogre uses):

So, 20 mA that is really low. I assume you don’t have such USB tester at hand? It only costs some bucks.

3 Likes

Nope, I’m not that into hardware. And since the remote has worked for a number of months before this, I’m more inclined to believe that something in the Vero has broke hardware-wise.

@ogre: Your RF remote works on other devices, my RF remote works fine with the Vero1 -> sounds logical to me that the issue is isolated to your specific Vero1 + related power supply. Other ideas are welcome.

@ogre: Have you tried the other USB port, i.e. swapping them over?

Sam

Yes, the first log is from the top port and the second, where it worked a little better is from the lower one.

The issue could be PSU related and it may have worn out over time. However the dongle demands very little from the device; so I’d be surprised if this was the case.

Sam

Yes something might be wrong with the remote as well. After leaving it in the rpi over the day it did not work when I got home. So I think that the Vero and the remote will be retired.

I would give another battery a try …

+1

I have switched the battery and tried it in an rpi3 as well - same result. Will start a new thread with the remote issue.