VERO2 slow connect after June update

Put June update on my Pi3. All apparently fine including previous SMB shares after 20 minutes of testing.

Moved on to the VERO2, which was running the last May update. I had considerable trouble with the SMB shares after that update but, with help here, resolved them by adding new accounts to Windows10 to share. all now useable.

Following the June update last evening, on VIDEO files the SMB "WORKGROUP shares took about 1 minute of spinning “working” icon, to open to the list of computers with shares (my computer names). Choosing “XXX” (my computer name) took 2 minutes 41 seconds of frozen machine…with no spinning working icon… and opened my folder list ! Thereafter all appears fine.

Repeated this process three 3 times before making this report. Obviously not fatal but an irritating bug. (on the previous update these procedures took a second or two.

We never recommend connecting via SMB browsing or a Hostname. If you can, set a static IP and connect via that and you won’t have problems. There’s nothing specific to the Vero 2 however that would cause this issue

Sam

Thanks, out this evening, will try this approach tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Very welcome.

Please let me know how you get on.

Sam

Using the IP number solves all delay problems. thanks for the advice.

All else with he new 2016-6-2 update looks great so far.

1 Like