Vero4k Questions/problems

Hmm- If using the vero means only getting 2.0 then i’ll definitely notice the difference since i can get full DTS by using the TVs DLNA player, unless im missing something?

But can you let me know where the “AC3 transcoding” option is?

Go from here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System#Audio_output

Enable expert mode and have a look if passthrough and dts capable receiver is checked. If not activate those options and try again.

Balls and balls again, expert mode! Totally forgot, thanks will look

Ok- so the AC3 transcoding option seems to have fixed my sound issues- THANKYOU. And i found “DTS capable” was unchecked and also hidden away.

Could be wrong here but i doubt i’ll be the only one with this kind of setup- might be an idea to have this option either automatic, or easier to find?

Still haven’t gotten anywhere adding a SMB share if anyone can offer any advice here.

What setting would i have to enable to get my Yatse remote to see the vero? The file browser on the device itself is pretty clunky. (Can it be made to sort folders at the start, like windows would?)

Still having various trouble with most 4k files but i dont really need this for now so i’ll leave this and assume most issues that can be sorted, will be, by the time i need it.

You have to enable passthrough before checking the ac3 and dts capable receiver.

The location of this setting is determined by kodi code, not OSMC.

Yatse website has a very detailed explanation on required kodi configuration.

This is another item whose operation is determined by Kodi code.

If there are concerns regarding these kodi items, you might wish to address them at https://forum.kodi.tv

Talking about Yatse, I don’t see the Zeroconf option listed under System / Services / General ?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=302737&pid=2490848#pid2490848

Thanks for the info ActionA. Hope it that someone will fix the code… although manual configuration isn’t an issue for me it can be helpful for beginners.

I’ve given up on the device for now. Haven’t managed to make it 20 mins through anything without a freeze, sometimes requiring me to get behind the TV and pull the power out. All for 1080p stuff too. I’ve got past almost all the issues in my original post but the device doesn’t seem to be stable enough to use just yet. Ill give it a while and wait for some updates and if not resign it to a secondary TV and find something else for my main. Many thanks for everyone’s help.

This is not normal behaviour.

Please post a debug log and a sample clip with MediaInfo so we can look at what’s happening.

That is weird.
I have one Vero 4k here without an issue. I admit it is connected through Fast Ethernet to the NAS (NFS) passing by a real 1GBps switch.

When over WiFi, make sure that the buffers are set accordingly. When over WiFi, depending on the devices that are connected, these will slowdown playback.

If your device really freezes, try connecting through ssh to it to confirm it is the device and not the Kodi application.
Eventually connecting to the HTTP address of your Vero 4K devices (port 8080 by defaul).

If it really freezes, I suspect the PSU to be the issue (Had that on a Vero 2 device, and Sam was so kind to send me a power-adapter replacement). Once plugged in, all the crashes and hangs went away. It all happened when the CPU’s had something more to do and cause the system to require more power.

Further to this: if you’re using an extension lead or a wall gang outlet, try connecting directly to the wall. Some of these have caused problems for users in the past.

Why not use the simple method in the MyOSMC addon for providing logs so that we have a chance at determining what your issue is and confirming that there is not a hardware problem that would require an exchange of the device? If the problem is with the hardware, waiting does nothing but squander your warranty coverage time.

We want customers to be happy with the product but you aren’t really giving us a fair chance here… Just a lot of complaints of issues that no one else seems to be having and refusing to provide us (by simple means) the technical info that would help us to pinpoint the root of the issues.

1 Like

I haven’t directly refused anything. I just have limited time especially at the moment. I’ll attempt to recreate problems and upload logs when i can.

Going to try again this week, hopefully tonight. Going to forget about wireless and try using a cable. If i still have issues, whats the best thing to do, I’m not really sure how i can provide “sample clips”.

Debug enabled logs would be the first recommendation. Sample clips might only be necessary if we figure out that everything else is as it should be. Here’s the link on how to provide debug enabled logs

1 Like

Hi,

More issues tonight: The sound is glitchy. Not all the time, not the in the same place every time. Some times the pitch of the audio is literally being BENT into a different pitch, i swear i’m not making this up. Some files i can’t skip through, the file simply stops playing with no warning or error message. Seems to be x265 mostly.

Can i ask is it possible to just return this device? I’m a bit tired of trying to get it to work to be honest, i feel like i’ve spent more time typing into this thread than actually being able to just watch TV.

Just upload a debug log. It’s a two minute process and will let us see what’s going on.

You shouldn’t have any of these problems. We do accept Returns as per our Returns policy, but I suspect you’re going to have problems with whatever other device you plan to use. Something is wrong in your setup or environment. We have given you all the tools to identify what that may be and I’m happy to help you fix this and get things running.

I hope you can appreciate we have little to go on currently