Vero4k set up issues 1. No web log in to TPH Server 1a. Htsp client error 'access denied' 2 No smb or nfs into Windows 10 box. 3 reboot not always functioning

Logs available at…

https://paste.osmc.tv/uviqivesok

The message from windows 10 chrome browser is… waiting for 192.168.2.xxx. couple mins goes by and log in dialog pops up again

Htsp client enabled produces ‘tvh server does not respond properly’ message on vero.

Logging into windows 10 has been attempted numerous times (trying to build libraries for vero) with variety, thus you’ll see more then one attempt.

Reboot simply doesn’t work all the time (very minor issue).

Hopefully we can get this turned around soon, thanks in advance.

Password and accesslists configured correctly?

Mar 03 09:23:39 osmc tvheadend[1050]: htsp: Got connection from 127.0.0.1
Mar 03 09:23:39 osmc tvheadend[1050]: htsp: 127.0.0.1: Welcomed client software: Kodi Media Center (HTSPv34)
Mar 03 09:23:39 osmc tvheadend[1050]: htsp: 127.0.0.1 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Unauthorized access
Mar 03 09:23:44 osmc tvheadend[1050]: htsp: 127.0.0.1 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Disconnected
2020-03-03 09:18:06.531 T:3930055392   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:PASSWORD@xps/media'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

Generally it is suggested to use IP address instead of name to connect.
Also have you configured the proper username/password?
Maybe check the credentials file on the Vero.

What finally did it was three things adjusted in Windows 10. First I set up a new user with a Local account: under Settings, Accounts, Family and others, Add someone else, I don’t have this person’s sign in info, create account, add user without a Microsoft account… Then added the new local user account account to Shared Folders, File Share permissions. Finally, the last line in Network and Sharing Center, Advanced Sharing, All Networks, Turn ON password protected sharing (because vero always sending password). And yes I used ip address as suggested, thank you @fzinken

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough in initial post but the, 1a. Tvh Htsp client enabled produces ‘tvh server does not respond properly’ message on vero, problem. Seems symptomatic of tvh server not being configured?

1. unable to log into tvh server (on vero) from my Windows browser and thus there is nothing for Htsp client to respond to?

Even now, with the ‘password protection on’ setting adjustment in windows, 1. still unable to log into tvh server on vero.

Incidentally, I have a tph server setup on another osmc/kodi device (rbp2) and I am able to log in using osmc/osmc credentials but the vero… unable to sign in to tph server :frowning:

How did you install the TVH server?

installed from the osmc store , from vero’s My osmc page.

I made a new log file today. Disabled the TVH HTSP client to isolate the Server

https://paste.osmc.tv/akuquxinok

When tvh server was functioning i loaded a huge .m3u list into it. it took 3 days to load the list (ugh, will use edited list next time)

I also tried connecting to the vero tvh server (when it was connecting) from an HTSP client on another device, an rbp2. it was recognized by the server…thus i had two Users named osmc in the TVH Server (from the User, Configuration tab via Browser) . I changed the User Name (vero) osmc to User Name vero (to differentiate from the rbp2 osmc) this is when i lost ability to connect to tvh server.

My guess is that your playlist is too large and may be consuming significant resources on the system.

from the browser all my log in attempts produce 401 unauthorized screen, along with ‘waiting for 192.168.2.xx" message’ i glanced at the log and there appears to be evidence of that…m3u list, any idea how i remove it? i thought the uninstall - reinstall of the TVH server would have done that…

The TVHeadend userdata is stored in the .hts directory. You should be able to find the reference in there and remove it.

1 Like

rm - r (.hts/) tvheadend did it and reboot works much better now too. ty