Vero4K: want to use as PVR / view OTA broadcasting

ls - lah /mnt give us output of:

total 20K
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4.0K Oct 26 14:34 .
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4.0K May 11 13:43 ..
d--------- 3 root root 4.0K Oct 26 12:11 pvr
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Oct 26 12:09 video

and the output again (seems to be identical):

total 20K
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4.0K Oct 26 14:34 .
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4.0K May 11 13:43 ..
d--------- 3 root root 4.0K Oct 26 12:11 pvr
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Oct 26 12:09 video

Hi,

looks like a permissions issue to me on /mnt/pvr , please try the following:

sudo umount /mnt/pvr (just in case the share is still mounted)
sudo rmdir /mnt/pvr
sudo mkdir /mnt/pvr
sudo reboot 0

Once vero4k has rebooted, please provide the output of the following:

ls - lah /mnt
ls /mnt/pvr

Thanks Tom.

the remove directory command results in: rmdir: failed to remove '/mnt/pvr': Device or resource busy

Hi,

Ok may need to reboot first, I would suggest temporarily disabling autofs so:

sudo systemctl disable autofs
sudo reboot 0
sudo rmdir /mnt/pvr
sudo mkdir /mnt/pvr
sudo systemctl enable autofs
sudo reboot 0 or sudo systemctl start autofs

Then please provide the output of the previously requested?

Thanks Tom.

the first command gives us:

Synchronizing state of autofs.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd /systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install disable autofs insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script 'autofs' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script 'autofs' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script 'autofs' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script 'autofs' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).

I just ignored it and went on to the reboot command, connection was lost and then when I reconnected I still couldn’t remove the directory. Trying the first command again gave me the same warnings listed above.

I attempted installing PVR software on the Vero a couple of days ago. Could it be locking up the directory?

Hi,

Ok we can still remove the directory, but before we do; we need to make sure its still not providing access to the share. Please provide the output of:

sudo systemctl status autofs

&

mount|grep pvr (Please don’t be surprised if there is no output, this is to be expected.)

Thanks Tom.

First one (status) is:
* autofs.service - Automounts filesystems on demand
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/autofs.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

Next just brings us back to the command prompt - doesn’t seem to do anything, so I guess that’s good.

Hi,

Actually @JimKnopf just reminded me that tvheadend may be preventing the deletion of the the of the directory, please try:

sudo systemctl stop tvheadend

Then try the following again:

sudo rmdir /mnt/pvr
sudo mkdir /mnt/pvr
sudo systemctl enable autofs
sudo reboot 0 or sudo systemctl start autofs

Thanks Tom.

Okay, stopped tvheadend

remove directory gave me failed to remove '/mnt/pvr': no such file or directory

Go figure.

enable autofs give us
Synchronizing state of autofs.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable autofs
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script 'autofs' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).

Then I did sudo systemctl start autofs, hit enter and it just accepted the command and is waiting

Hi,

if still waiting try ctrl-c and then reboot and then please provide output of:

ls - lah /mnt
ls /mnt/pvr

Thanks Tom.

Sorry, by waiting I meant it took the command and went back to the command prompt.

Gonna mix it up with a screenshot - here are the results of the 2 commands:

sshot-1

Hi,

Well the local permissions look ok now, so:

Could you provide a screen shot of the NFS permissions for /volume2/PVR ?

Thanks Tom.

This is from the NAS OS showing the NFS Permissions of the video folder, under which is the PVR one.

Hi,

According to the export, they are 2 different shares. Need to see the nfs permissons for the PVR share?

Thanks Tom.

I royally screwed something up.

My original plan was to have a PVR folder under the video folder. At some point I created a PVR folder parallel with the video folder.

During our conversation, I figured we were making headway with the video/PVR folder, so deleted the PVR folder that was parallel with the video folder. Now, the export list shows /volume2/video & /volume2/music and that’s it.

I quickly recreated that parallel PVR folder, restarted the Vero and now showmount only shows the two folder (video & music).

Arghhhh

Got it back! Here’s what you were asking about permissions.

ls /mnt/pvr still says permission denied

Hi,

I think you need to edit the squash option, I use Map root to admin my self.

Thanks Tom.

wow…if I type ls /mnt/pvr it just returns to the Vero command prompt - no errors. Is that what is supposed to happen?

Hi,

No that sounds good, unless you have files or folders in the PVR share on your nas; if the folder empty this is good.

Tom.

1 Like

Oh yeah…just threw a “new text document.txt” in there and when I go ls/mnt/pvr, there it is!

@Tom_Doyle thank you SO much for your help…hopefully the road from here isn’t so convoluted.

3 Likes