Very broken 24p on many files on Vero, but not Pi

One of the recent OSMC updates has badly broken 24p playback on both my Vero’s, but not on my OSMC Pi. Link to log below.

Symptom: video is very slow and laggy, audio is fine. Seems to be title-specific, just tried several episodes of Big Bang Theory that are all native to source, played perfectly before recent updates, and are now unwatchable. Will see if I can downgrade, but ideally the log will offer some explanation of what has caused this regression.

https://paste.osmc.tv/dadukanini

Pleased to say that downgrading to 2019.04-1 fixed this, I was in hot water there with my other half, rather miffed that the May update had broken playback of BBT.

Small detail, I backed up my full config, on restore all the main menu items I’d discarded (Games, Radio,…) were back, so that did not seem to be preserved. All the important stuff though worked.

One more comment, the problem seems to be restricted to BBT season 3, other seasons are ok. Something in the May update breaks playback of season 3.

Hm.

Playback issues are pretty quiet with this update.
Can we get a sample or even a torrent magnet (PM’d); so I can repro?

Sam

Thanks, PM sent.

Turns out this is probably the May update having broken 24p VC-1. Seems that Big Bang Theory S3, unique across the blu-ray series as far as I can tell, is encoded in VC-1.

Try updating now.

Thanks for the fix being issued so quickly. Version number under My OSMC still says .05-1, but VC-1 is now fine again.