Video hangs, audio continue

all logs here have in common that the following kernel logs can be seen with the problem

[  ...] 0: !!!wrong seq_info2 ... mb_width/mb_height (...) ...
[  ...] 0: set parameters error

I’ve also got the update others already described and I’ve been having the same issue since then.

I’m sorry for the “no log” “me to” reply but I just wanted to leave my feedback.

Please try checking for updates and see if the issue persists.

Thanks

Sam

So it’s not just me!
I also was prompted for an update at the weekend, and have been getting random picture freezes.
I’ve restored from an older MyOSMC backup and will see if that fixes it.

I just installed the update on stable and play the lg demo which mentioned before, so far it looks good, no freezes yet, only a buffer thing p, but previously i didn’t came that far. ( only a warm reboot performed after the update, will try an cold reboot later. So it seems you fixed it, thanks for your quick response👍

Edit: played many more demo files, all played fine.

1 Like

I’ve just updated mine.

So far, so good. I’ll let you know if something comes up.

Thank you for all your hard work, guys.

1 Like

The issue seems to be fixed for me as well.
Thank you @sam_nazarko

The demo video is a very high bit rate video, so it may be the reason for the buffering.

1 Like

Second playing that version played well, maybe the cold boot took care of that🤓

2 Likes

same issue here today, video hangs (still displayed but static frame) whilst audio continues, various mpeg4 avc+aac h264 files, but hevc x265 seems fine.

i can restart the video or skip a bit and it plays ok for a bit longer, but eventually it will sad face, nothing interesting in kodi.log, possibly its not using hardware decoding or something, as i swear it seemed like it was stuttering like it was struggling to keep up.

got new osmc-mediacenter yesterday and some userspace today, still happening after a dist-upgrade tonight.

Please post logs so we can see if you have updated fully.

I had to manually reboot for the update to ‘fully’ take hold (got a freeze right after the update; It seemed to just do a restart of the mediacenter service instead of a reboot), but it’s been stable so far for me after that.

1 Like

So I just ran an update a few minutes ago and now a few movies just end up with a frowny face error. They were stuttering before exactly like described in this thread but they no longer play now.

Logs here: https://paste.osmc.tv/jegipofori

Video info:

Metadata:
title : North By Northwest
encoder : libebml v0.7.9 + libmatroska v0.8.1
creation_time : 2009-12-12T18:13:42.000000Z
Duration: 02:16:26.21, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 13035 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
Metadata:
title : North by Northwest
Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 640 kb/s (default)
Metadata:
title : English Audio AC3
Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: subrip (default)
Metadata:
title : English Subtitles

Something must have gone wrong with your update, try updating again and do a reboot.
I can see in your logs that the video_ucode.bin file not has the same size as the recent one.

No updates available. Should I be using another source of updates?

Have you tried rebooting?

Nevermind, I installed the devel sources above and ran the apt-get upgrade manually. Seems to be running OK now, will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for checking in!

a reboot seems to have fixed it for me (fingers crossed) as just played a couple of h265 avc+aac mkv files and an h264 avc+aac mpeg4 file fine. not seeing the scrolling issue either.

I was told to do a cold boot … which has fixed it here for me with the update.

yeah i think i had to reboot twice for it to stick, will cold boot my other vero’s

I’ve changed it so that a reboot will be triggered by default now.

Thanks

Sam

3 Likes