Video playback crashes, sometimes

Updated from the latest OSMC build to RC3 Krypton. Sometimes on different mkv files video playback crashes and the sound short after that. Also where I stopped the video that last image is visible when going in to the screensaver and this image is seen in the black bars in 4:3 videos.

Truth be told the upgrade crashed or rather looped on the add-on updates. Removed the addons folder from .kodi and then it seemed to work fine.

Duncan.

When you get a crash, can you upload a debug log?

Is there a particular video that can induce this crash, and if so, can you upload a sample of it so I can replicate this?

The add-on situation is not unique. I suspect there are a fair few addons which are not compatible with Krypton. This seems to be causing some problems, although I’m not completely sure why at this time. The latest version of Kodi actually disables most add-ons by default.

Sam

Switching from Netflix on my PS4 to Vero. I haven’t been able to reproduce it. Is there some special debug mode I have to enable? I will try to play the Bladerunner 2049 lossless trailer a couple of times to see if I can induce a crash. If this does not work I will have to come back on this issue when it happens again and send you the log. At this moment I am not sure which one. Does Kodi log to /var/log/?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload some logs. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Thanks ActionA,

Sure no problem. If I can easily replicate the issue I will enable debugging and upload the logs via MyOSMC. At the moment it happens once per day or two days. Except for that everything is working fine.

Duncan.