Video Stuck/Slowmotion since last update (MAY)

Hi

The Vero 2 is different hardware to the Pi, so playback is handled a little differently.

I completely understand the frustration. The good news is that if it worked before, it can definitely work again :wink:

Check your PM. I’d like to get a sample so that I can test with the same content you have and verify that it’s fixed.

Sam

Would be great if there is a fix for it because it is just since the new update and i get really much drops.

Thanks

I am struggling to find a video that worked well before the May update and is now problematic after this update but I am continuing to look at this.

Got it… Looks like an upstream Kodi patch introduced this issue.

I have made a new build available and this should resolve the issue for videos that worked fine before the May update. You can update via My OSMC -> Updater -> Manual Controls -> Scan for updates.

Just installed the new update. Same problems still occuring :frowning:

Was this with

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - S03E11 - Episode 70 HDTV-720p REAL.mkv

If possible – please use the same file for each test.

yes it is. and with several others

any solution here for now?

Since may, i get many drops even on small files they should not effect the cpu as much and this effects in video lag, audio is running fine

Hi – a solution was posted in another thread (an update), and it worked for most users. Ensure your device is up to date.

If you still have problems, can you post mediainfo for a file that worked before but doesn’t work now?

Here are some files i get constant skips going up in seconds and so it is async because of that:

http://paste.osmc.io/abolakicop.rib

http://paste.osmc.io/niviyipapa.vhdl

here is a file with no sound since may update:

http://paste.osmc.io/manatohazi.mel

No changes even with the june update i did today :frowning:

Quoted from the previously provided link as it seems nobody can bother reading it:

exactly what i have done, so what is the problem?

Your content has variable frame rates, which is tricky for most hardware decoders:

Frame rate mode                          : Variable
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Minimum frame rate                       : 23.974 fps
Maximum frame rate                       : 90 000.000 fps

If you are absolutely sure that this is a regression, and it worked before the May update, then I can look at this, but this seems like a very odd file.

What happens if you turn off the hardware acceleration?

If i turn it off it is getting more laggy with it enabled it is just async and sometimes i get this slowmotion effect but when turning hardware acceleration off, it is slowmotion all the time, skips are running up with and without acceleration.

So same problem with all posted mediainfos?

And whats about the file with no sound? this are 2 Season of a tv show and worked fine before (and even on vero1) :frowning: can i get a rollback if there comes no better solution?

So to clarify, these files all played before an update? If so, we have a regression and we can indeed resolve this.

Sam

yes all of them played fine before.

Can you please download an earlier version from Download - OSMC, and testing the same clip twice, post the debug log for playback in both instances?

Thanks

Sam

I’m having the same issue on this thread…

Media info submitted already.

Latest update however has fixed it half the time, however it’s easy to trigger by skipping back or forwards.