Video stutters and audio stops while reading from NAS by NFS

I would like to ask for your help, to try to find where the bottleneck is and how to solve this issue.

I’ve never been able to properly play movies in my VERO from my NAS. It’s not all of my movies, mainly the heavier ones. Movies in 1080p with DTS audio, or DTS-HD audio, whether with 5.1 or 7.1 channels. The playing starts fine, but soon enough the video starts stuttering and the audio stops playing.
Movies with lower resolutions in stereo or Dolby Digital play fine.

If I use an external USB disk connected directly to VERO, everything is OK.

1 - I have most of my files in a Synology DS215j, with 2 WD Red 3TB disks in mirror mode;
2 - The NAS is connected via ethernet (CAT 5E cable, I think) to my Internet provider’s router (Portugal’s NOS);
3 - I have a Netgear Powerline AV 500 PLC connected by ethernet (CAT 5E cable, I think) to the router in a dedicated power outlet;
4 - My VERO is also connected via ethernet (CAT 5E cable, I think) to the other Netgear Powerline end, also in a dedicated power outlet;
5 - The Netgear lights blink in green, signifying speeds higher than 80Mbps;
6 - VERO is on Kodi 16.0.

Can you help me find the reason why such a setup is not enought?
Is it a problem with VERO?
Is it a problem with KODI?
Is it a network problem? What tools can I use to track down the bottleneck?

Thank you very much for you support.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

The movie is “Furious 7 (2015)”.

Here are the OSMC logs:
http://paste.osmc.io/ditayoququ

The MediaInfo output is:
http://paste.osmc.io/cucohulita.tex

Thank you.

Try playing the video directly off a USB stick.

Sam

As I’ve stated previously, if I play these vídeos directly from an external hard disk drive, connected to VERO via USB, they play marvelously.

The errors in your log suggest a possible network throughput issue.

Can you run a connection without powerline temporarily?

Can you attach a keyboard? When the stuttering starts, press O and take a photo or screenshot

Iperf is the best way to test the network throughput.
sudo apt-get install iperf
You would need to check how to install on the Synology.