Videos fail to load

Hi there,

I’m a long time user, back when it was Raspbmc, but this is my first ever issue. I’m not even sure if my issue is OSMC related but hopefully someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a Pi B running OSMC with the Plex Kodi Connect (PKC) plugin running. This retrieves the media info from my Plex server running on a Pi 3b. The video files are stored on a Synology NAS drive.

This has worked flawless for months until last week when I updated my Pi 3b. Something in this update changed the way Plex connects to the Synology. I had to change the version of SMB the Synology uses. This fixed Plex and I can use various other Plex clients without issue.

The Pi running OSMC however has an issue. I can retrieve and re-sync my libraries but videos fail to play. I select one and after loading nothing happens. Very occasionally I get lucky and a video plays. But this is rare.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with the Pi3 update and the issue is between PKC and Plex or it is an OSMC issue.

My knowledge and experience is very limited so not sure where to go next.

I’ve got a log file: http://paste.osmc.tv/uroyepiway
and at 22:04:38 last night there is an error right after I selected a video.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I’m not sure what the next step is.

Thanks

There appear to be a lot of timeouts, i.e.

21:46:30.058 T:2414822144 WARNING: PLEX.downloadutils: HTTPConnectionPool(host='172.17.0.1', port=32400): Max retries exceeded with url: /identity (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0xa4adf810>, 'Connection to 172.17.0.1 timed out. (connect timeout=10)'))

It’s possible the Plex guys may be able to help better than us regarding this situation.

Sam

Thanks for such a prompt reply.

I’ll try there.

Many Thanks