Viera Link is just grayed out

I’ve looked at the various threads about Viera Link; my TV is a Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ80. I have OSMC on an RPi 3B+ working perfectly.

My understanding is that I should be able to use my TV remote to control OSMC via Viera Link (CEC). When I open the Viera Link menu, it’s all just grayed out as in the attached pic.

I have verified that Viera Link is ON in Settings. CEC is enabled in OSMC. I have tried resetting the TV and then powering on the Pi, and also in the opposite order.

Is there any way to make this work? What exactly are the capabilities I should be able to get?

Is there anything connected between the TV and the Pi, like an Amp, soundbar, etc.? If so, try connecting the Pi direct. Otherwise, try replacing the HDMI cable.

The Pi is connected by HDMI directly to the TV. I will try another HDMI cable but my understanding is that any recent HDMI cable should be capable of CEC…

You could also try a different input on the TV or verify that all inputs support cec.

Mmhhh, from TV’s manual:

“… • If more than one equipment of the same type are connected to the TV by HDMI cables, for example two DIGA
Recorders to HDMI1 and HDMI2, VIERA Link will only be available for the lower terminal number, in this case
HDMI1. …”