Vizio TV and Vero 4k+

Everytime I turn off my TV then come back to it the next day I have to reboot my Vero because I get “no input signal” from my TV. I reboot, and sometimes it come back, most times I get the blue logo screen then back to no signal.

I am running Hyperion, and I see the Hyperion wake up when I hit a control, lights go to full but I still see “no input signal”. It also is working in the background and the colors change as I move through menus.

What am I missing?

Debug logs.

2 Likes

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

I have a seven year old Vizio TV, and that thing is SUPER sensitive about HDMI syncing. I’d say about 10% of the time when I turn it on my Vero 4K+ doesn’t sync. I also had a similar problem with a Windows 10 machine I was using as a media center, so I feel pretty sure it’s the Vizio and not the external boxes. For me I either have to turn the TV off for at least five minutes and try again (which usually but not always helps) or reboot the device in question (which, again, usually but not always helps). The Vizio seems like a decent TV for the money, but next time I buy one I’ll probably get something different.

I have a Vizio and it’s always been rock solid with a Pi and later a Vero 4K. My sister uses it now and there are still no issues with it.