VNC Server in App Store

Congratulations for OSMC RC for Raspberry Pi 2, it runs even faster than Openelec 5.0 and all work.

There was some talk about VNC Server last year on twitter. Sam said he could put it in the App Store if we find it acceptable.
h**ps://twitter.com/samnazarko/status/516331748767326209

I’ve been controling one Raspberry Pi 2 with OSMC RC through internet with 1Mb upload with no settings changed for speed:
h**ps://discourse.osmc.tv/t/howto-install-a-vnc-server-on-raspberry-pi-under-osmc-alpha-4/1517

Some find dispmanx_vnc unstable, but with OSMC it works very well even while playing videos. It is a very important feature to schedule recording in EPG or to offer support to people that don’t manage the systems. It would be great an app in the store that could run idle, start the vnc server when someone connects and stop when disconnected.

Regards.

Hi Carlos

I have this ‘staged’ for committing in my tree. I will probably get it in over the weekend

Sam

1 Like

Any updates on this entering into production? Could really use it for supporting my Mum!

I have the dispmanx version on my laptop. Will see if we can get it in shortly after RC.

Sam

Still planned, I’m just strapped for time at the moment

S

Hello Sam,
Do you have some time to do it now ? It will be very usefull. Thx

+1 for this feature request

keep up the good work!

Any news on when it would be available?

OSMC is getting very strong and it would make available OSMC to inexperienced people as they can get support from other people anywhere.

Regards.

1 Like

+1

It is actually in the wiki under vnc-pi or pi-vnc and does say you can get the VNC from MY OSMC, App Store, VNC Server.

Thing is, you can’t!

There is no VNC in the OSMC app Store… Sorry

Any news on this? This request would be extreamly usefull.

I too would like VNC in the App Store. I imagine I’ll figure out and implement it the hard way, but it would sure be nice if this were available in a more user friendly and fool-proof manner.

Thanks,
Christian Blackburn

I would like to see this added. It would be a major help to me.

While you are waiting for the feature just spent 5 minutes on the manual install and you are done

Or alternatively this version

I have done that install, but it seems unstable.

What do you mean with “unstable”?
And which version did you install?