Vpn manager fails after osmc upgrade

I have been using OSMC for quite a while now and have upgrade successfully to October 2017 and everything was working fine. Recently I upgraded to March 2018 2018.03-2. As soon as I did that my OpenVPN that has been working fine, now fails and will not connect to any VPN with a log file that is the same as working log files with the exception of

[Date And Time] COULD NOT DETERMINE IPV4/IPV6 PROTOCOL
[Date And Time] RESOLVE: CANNOT RESOLVE HOST ADDRESS: [VPN ADDRESS]:443(NAME OR SERVICE NOT KNOWN)

I have tried generic DNS with no effect. I have turned of IPV6, with no effect, but it was apparently off to begin with.

I can keep everything running by reimaging with an older version of OSMC, but I like to keep my OS updated as much as possible and more importantly, I would like to switch out to the Vero 4K eventually, but if I can’t solve this problem there is no point to doing it.

An assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Which add-on are you using?

I believe the Brian Hornsby VPN add-on works very well.
Can you upload a full set of logs via My OSMC?

Cheers

I am using IPVanish and I already have uploaded my log files yesterday knowing this was the direction we would probably need to go.

https://paste.osmc.tv/layowufopu

Thank you so much in advance.

Sorry,

I am using the Zomboided vpn manager. Any information on the repo for the Brian Hornsby add-on

Thanks so much.

Hi,

• That doesn’t appear to be a debug log:

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, It was a busy week.

With additional testing, I found that VPN Manager does connect to some sites using IPVanish, but some fail. It seems they all worked before, but obviously I haven’t connected to each one.

The log file I created failed on one connection and passed on three.

https://paste.osmc.tv/toyahoyidu

Thanks so much in advance.

Could you be a bit more specific? Connected successfully to what? Failed to connect to what?

There’s very little to see in the logs. You need to use verb 3 in the openvpn config files to provide a sufficient level of detail.

Hi,

I had an issue with openVPN and IPVanish as well.

I had this error :
“/sbin/resolvconf:230 /lib/resolvconf/libc: cannot create /etc/resolv.conf: Operation not permitted”

To solve this issue, I edited the file /lib/resolvconf/libc line 230 and I added this line before :

chattr -i $resolv_conf
(umask 022; printf %s “$newconf” >“$resolv_conf”)

The reason why it wasn’t working is because the file /etc/resolv.conf can’t be edited even by root itself (permission issue).

Now it works !!

I hope it can help you to solve your problem.