Warnings and Errors spamming the logfile

Hello,

I just had a look in /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log:

$ ls -lh kodi.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 osmc osmc 3,2M Dez 2 18:46 kodi.log

Most of these 3M is:

18:41:25 T:2169086960 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
18:41:26 T:2952922096 WARNING: Previous line repeats 6 times.
18:41:26 T:2952922096   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Write: write failed !
18:41:27 T:2169086960 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
18:41:27 T:2952922096   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Write: write failed !
18:41:27 T:2169086960 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
18:41:28 T:2952922096 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.

I disabled the CEC remote and I have no DVD attached. No Debugging is activated.

How can I get rid of this? I’ll never be able to find some issue with all these scary messages…

Thanks for your help!
Markus

Did you disable CEC in Peripherals → Input?

The Pi will also spew a fair amount of log spam if CEC isn’t working / the display doesn’t support it.

The CDVDMessageQueue message is useful for playback information; it sometimes means the buffer is low (if streaming from web).

Debugging is indeed disabled, but Kodi will still show warnings and errors.

There isn’t really much to worry about here. 3MB for a log isn’t too big; but it depends on how long OSMC has been up.

What issue are you trying to look for? Usually if you are trying to identify a problem, you should have debugging on.

Hello Sam,

thanks for your quick help!

CEC: yes, that’s where I disabled it. My Vero2 is connected via HDMI to a splitter, which splits to a Monitors DVI input and to a beamer (which is turned off now).

CDVDMessageQueue: I’m watching TV via vdr-vnsi. What can I do against a low buffer?

I want to setup CinemaExperience, but a few parts of it are not working (countdown movies, for example). No big thing, but I was hoping to see some output in the logs - which is hard if there’s so much other stuff…

cu
Markus

I wouldn’t worry about either of these messages. You will rarely get a fully clean log with Kodi. If playback with vdr-vsni is fine, I also wouldn’t change anything.

Unfortunately logs can get long, but maybe you can search for the string ‘Addon’ which will probably give you some clues.

Sam