Washed out black?

Please don’t give up! As people have said, this is most likely an issue with limited/full range settings. Washed out blacks suggests a limited-range signal is being shown on a display set to full-range. Or else the display is badly calibrated. As you did a search of this forum before posting, doubtless you read this.

It’s a complicated subject - the TL;DR is if your display is a TV make sure everything is set to limited range (or, maybe ‘Auto’ on your display) then play a ‘PLUGE’ test to check your display settings.

As for why Vero4k is different from Vero V I can’t immediately think why that could happen. No-one else has reported a difference. Maybe you could post logs from the vero4k for comparison? You could also look at the output of
cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config on the two devices. Is it the same for the GUI and when playing a video?

What are the makes/models of your AVR and display? In particular, does the AVR have two HDMI outputs so it could be sending a ‘made-up’ EDID to the Vero?

We would really like to understand why you are seeing this issue in case there’s anything we can do to the software to make it less likely to happen for you and other users.

Update: I think I can guess what’s happening. You have probably got quantization range set to full on the vero4k. Since your display does not support full-range video using YCC this means your blacks should be too black (‘crushed’). Vero V is smarter - it won’t output full-range video to a display that doesn’t support it. Hence you have brighter shadows. But it’s Vero V that’s correct and vero 4k that’s wrong. Here, a PLUGE pattern looks the same on Vero 4k and Vero V as long as both are set to output limited range.

Have a look at recalibrating the black level on your display.