Peripherals: WD PiDrive
Storage Device; USB WD PiDrive
OSMC version: OSMC 2015.08-1
XBMC version: Kodi 15.1
Codecs: None
Audio/Video Output: HDMI
Overclocked: No
Config.txt Extras: gpu_mem_1024=320 & max_usb_current=1

Hi I have recently bought a WD PIDrive and have it set-up as the main storage (only using the SD card to boot) and it boots up ok and everything seems to be working ok however the low voltage indicator (coloured square) keeps flashing randomly in the top right hand side.

It doesn’t seem to happen when playing a video file however while scanning movies into the library it was flashing constantly. Is this an issue anyone else is experiencing? Is there anything I can do or should I report it to western digital as a bad cable / power supply?

Thank you for any help

Are you using any other USB connected peripherals? The appearance of the low voltage indicator makes it clear that the power supply is just barely providing sufficient power.

Hi ActionA,

Thank you for replying. No i don’t have anything else plugged in the only thing connected is WD PiDrive.

No low power warning with the Pi Drive on my Pi 2 using the official raspberry Pi foundation power adaptor.

I would try a better power adaptor.

You got anything else installed on OSMC?

I noticed when SabNZB is checking/extracting a >5gb file my Pi2 ain’t that happy :smile: and shows the rectangle
(also got sickrage/transmission/headphones running and 2 drives + DVD attached and USB bluetooth dongles)

Thanks for the info DBMandrake, that’s strange. I knew there were loads of power supplies rated higher than what they actually gave out but I’d have thought a 5v western digital one would have been able to cope.

Morte, I didn’t install anything else as I noticed the low voltage warning early and didn’t want to strain the pi till I sorted it .

I’m having exactly the same issues with mine, this pidrive kit has one job to do, and it doesn’t seem to be able to do it. I’m currently not very happy.