We do not talk about piracy here

Can you actually try to download the blurays and not “encodes”? Maybe the encodes are just shitty?

Your telling him to download them is piracy. If you had said rip from discs you purchased that would be fine. Yes, I know his content is most likely pirated, but he did not mention it in public. You had to look at the logs to see that.

Thanks @Lostion. These files were playing fine with KODI17. Also PLEX TV app plying these files without an issue therefore I don’t believe / agree that the issue is with the files.

You are kidding right? he posted the media info with the filesnames (which are the release names lol) and if he now rips it himself or download it is the same because the rips are in .ISO (which are the 1:1 disc).

Not sure to be honest sometimes the piracy releases are not “good” Kodi 17 had different changes than Kodi 18.

The difference is you mentioned downloading. He did not. I know from the names where the files came from, but since he did not say ‘I downloaded them from xxx’ it’s OK.

ah come on lol ridiclious

No, it’s the rules. We do not openly discuss piracy here.

So instead of helping him (which would be because the untouched material must play else its something with kodi) you are locking the thread? Nice thats how i like it :smiley: what a nonsense its the same shit with the Kodi Devs, Reporting bugs and other people also reporting it but hey fixxing it? No! We need RETROGAMING thats important! What a bunch of bullshit.

Also ripping discs is illegal in the most countrys but thats ok or? lol ridiclious

The thread isn’t locked.
I am still addressing the issues reported by the user on the other thread.

What’s that got to do with anything?

It has to do with the idiotic behaviour of the Kodi devs that has something to do with that because instead of fixxing bugs (which are important) they implent bullshit that nobody needs. And yes i fixxed bugs myself but nobody cares @ kodi.

Also i have 700 discs here and ALL play with Kodi 17.6 and Kodi 18.3 and surprise not one of them are “encoded” so mostly its the files itself which are broken because downloaded from some crappy torrent site.

I did not lock his thread. I moved your piracy comment to a new thread and locked that so I could tell you why instead of just deleting your post.

His original thread is still open and as Sam said the problem is being looked at.

Kodi is a separate entity to OSMC.
I am looking in to the issue.

Unfortunately you always get shitty encodes that cause problems. Last Week With John Oliver is an example of that. The encoder should be NUKED every time…

But the goal is to do what we can to play as many videos out there; regardless of source. It’s best not to discuss downloading so openly however.

No you dont if you use soruces which are not “shitty”. Like all the Amazon/Netflix/Itunes untouched rips not one of the rips have variable FPS or other bullshit. But you also should not download it from torrent because its always the same shit there.

And the problem is that the Nukenets are mostly gone because only Revial groups are nuking other groups… thats a huge problem but i cant fix it.

The problem is i know the source of the files because they rename the original releases and i dont know what they do with it (maybe they reencode it i dont know) thats why i said he should use the original UHD BD as test. If the original UHD BD plays you can be sure the encode has some problems.

As an example i bought avengers engame on itunes (yes legal) and removed the DRM but it was stuttery like hell than i remuxed it and fixxed some issues and it was playing because only the header was somehow broken.

That could be the case here too.

Sorry didnt knew thats a new thread i apology.

That falls under the category of ‘WEB-DL’ which is basically untouched (except maybe remuxed).

You should find a better source then. I have 100s of movies and TV shows from torrents and they all play fine (but none are UHD as my internet will not allow me to do that kind of downloading.

And before you say it… I never said don’t pirate stuff. I just enforced the forum rules that we can’t discuss pirating.

As to your comment about ripping is not legal. I know that in some countries (Germany) that that is the case. It’s legal here (U.S.) There is no real good way to handle that issue. If you live in Germany then in theory Kodi would be mostly unusable other than streaming.

If you use torrent sources yes the scene is tagging dem “WEB” only torrent renames them to WEBRips (mostly public sites). The Problem is that the “untouched” sources are not defined by the Scene, some use Amazon some use the network streams (like Fox etc) and thats the problem, because like the “Scream” Series you have shitty Networks like MTV/VH1 with broken players and variable fps and thats why its to difficiult to find a good rip.