Weird problem after june update Vero4K+

Hello everyone, I have a weird problem after june update my addons specially video addons are lunching and movies playing but itself non stop I don’t know what’s going on, I will upload logs latter when I can because once it happens I have to turn off the device from power as I cant control anything as if someone else comes controlling my device
Thanks

What you describe seems to be a problem very specific to your setup and not something even remotely close to anything I remember anyone ever posting about on this forum. I also don’t see where there is enough information provided in your post to allow for any kind of diagnostic. If you can’t produce logs via the GUI the solution is to use ssh and do a “grab-logs -A” command at the terminal. Although if this is an issue caused by some sketchy add-on that you installed you might just consider dumping your userdata and starting over.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, I will post logs once the problem happens again as I turned off the device from power to stop it I guess logs will be not registered after removing power cable,
For addons it happened to all my video addons as if it excuted old commands so strange nevers happened to me
Thanks

Im trying to retrive logs but it says too file logs too large cannot upload logs what should I do?

Maybe via ssh do a…

tail -f ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

and see what is spamming your logs. If it is a specific add-on then I would delete that add-on.

And then there is always the nuclear option…

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

1 Like

If you have addon’s from any unofficial repos (beyond the official kodi one), or if you installed any addons via zip file, you may want to check the kodi versions on the repos and addons. As this last OSMC update upgraded kodi from Matrix to Nexus version, you may need to switch some add-on repos to the Nexus version (if they have one), or find the Nexus version of any manually installed addons.

I’m pretty sure the upgrade process should have disabled any non-official addons and repos by default to help avoid some of those problems.

1 Like

I agree with you, since I disabled all suspected addons issue stopped, I may wait for compatible version
Thanks