Weird subtite position

Hello people,

I need a little bit help regarding subtitles in Netflix.
Subtitles look weird when there are two lines of subtitles.
First line looks great, but the second line (which should be positioned under the first line) is positioned above first line, around center of the screen.
When there is only one line of the subtitle, the position is okay and everything looks perfect.
I did calibration and subtitle position is set to fixed.

Also, i tried to find some Add-on settings, I thought that there are maybe some Netflix subtitle settings, but I didn’t find them.

I would really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

thank you!

This is really a bug in the subtitle stream for the video, with two subtitles on-screen at the same time, and their bounding boxes overlap, which should never happen.

There is a feature of the subtitle engine that tries to work around this, and make sure that they don’t overlap or show off-screen. One of the issues with it is that if the subtitle does overlap, sometimes instead of putting the second one below the first, it puts it above.

I don’t know if this is because the code thinks it will be off the screen, or what. I have seen the same thing when using the mpv player on Windows. Most advanced video players use very similar code for subtitles (dynamically linked libraries), so it’s not just Kodi, but it’s part of the subtitle engine.

Thank you for your answer!

Looks like the problem is connected with the Netflix addon.
Just installed HBOGO addon and the subs work perfectly!

If it isn’t in the stream you might want to start an Issue here: