Welcome to emergency mode!

So I often have problems with OSMC crashing, and it usually seems to be if it’s shut down or rebooted. Previously, I would just wipe the sd card and start over, but I’m beginning to wonder if I can actually recover it.

I got this message after it tried to recover itself

Welcome to emergency mode! After logging in, type "journalctl -xb" to view system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl default" to try again to boot into default mode.
I have no name!@nameOfPi:~#

I don’t know if you would need any of the other information above this or not, or any logs. I’m still not really familiar with a lot of terminal commands, so if anyone suggests posting a log please remind me of the command for it.

Part of my question here is, how do I log in? Normally, be it through terminal or SSH, it automatically is logged in as osmc. I haven’t tried anything yet for fear of accidentally screwing it all up before getting any level of help.

Logs definitely would help, if you have network access use grab-logs -A and provide the URL.
But frequent crashes means either one of the three:

1. Bad power supply
  2. Bad SD Card
  3. Too aggressive overclocking

Definitely sounds like your filesystem gets corrupted. I agree with @fzinken its one of those 3 root causes.