We're designing a new look and feel for OSMC

The skin may appear satisfactory for you but it is currently incomplete. It doesn’t support all Jarvis changes and will stop working entirely when Krypton is released.

The skin is something we ship currently, and as such, must continue to support. A UI overhaul while we’re at it is an added bonus.

No one has stepped forward with web browser development. I’ve fully documented what needs to be done as well as try and get a couple of people involved, but to no avail. As such, I’ll need to work on it myself. I had something last year with Qt WebEngine but wasn’t impressed with the performance. Conversely, we have two developers who are eager to work on a new skin and want to make that a reality. It makes sense to work with them on the skin. Resources spent on developing the skin are not taking anything away from web browser development.

There are about 50k users using the OSMC skin. This takes a higher precedence. It would be inappropriate for me to add another feature with limited support and ignore essential work that needs to be done on something we already support.

Sam