What system video and player settings to be used in order to get HD audio passthrough work during 3D FP playback when connecting your VERO 4K+ through an HDMI splitter?

I doubt this has anything to do with HDMI hardware. The reason I say this is Kodi and OSMC take no notice of the audio caps in the EDID.

If you have Kodi on your HTPC, do you get the same issuewith that?

It may have been my thread you referred to.

I had the same issues with passthrough audio only working intermittently when the splitter was between the Vero and my receiver, It didnā€™t matter what EDID mode i set my splitter to.
Possibly a different splitter would have solved this but I don"t have one to test.

It was confirmed that the Vero will output the requested pass through formats regardless of what EDID reports so it is unknown what was blocking the audio.
My Blu-ray player also had the same issue outputting HD audio when connected via the splitter so the Vero does not seem to be causing the issue or a likely place to resolve it.

PCM audio would work reliably for both devices with this setup though.

Thankfully I discovered that my receiver will successfully passthrough 3D, as it should, with, and only with, the splitter placed between the receiver and the projector.
Pass through audio works perfectly now with the Vero directly connecting to the receiver.

I understand that this does not help you if your receiver cannot pass through 3D.

Nope, on my HTPC Kodi this issue has never existed, it has worked all the time flawlessly. It is quite strange, is it not, that apart from the HTPC media player it is the very same hardware configuration what my Vero4K+ is using?

Such a shame that a decent AVR like mine has never got a proper firmware update so that it could support 3D passthrough! As for the splitter in question it has been specifically desinged for old AVRs like mine letting HD audio through them and 4K picture to the modern displays.

(Iā€™ll be reflecting to your response soon as i got home this afternoon)
I have checked the device you mentioned, it could probably do the trick but it is anything but cheap.
Now, if I am too greedy to spend such a big amount of money I may choose other HDMI devices that are capable to handle the issue but with that option I have to adjust EDID settings manually to the desired mode. Does not seem very handy but it is not that complicated to pull up or down two microbars at the rear panel.

Using the same audio settings? Keep audio device alive eg?

Settings in Kodi for windows are not exactly the same as in Kodi for OSMC. Iā€™d upload the guisettings xml for my HTPC if I knew how to do it here. As for OSMC, I use the settings as suggested in Audio hardware and software configuration

It is interesting that you are having similar issues with the same configuration I was.

I was especially confused as to why it worked sometimes, restarting a video once or twice generally allowed HD audio to pass through for me.

PCM audio always worked.

Itā€™s possible that my Blu-ray player has other issues. I bought it second hand for $30 for the sole purpose of ripping SACDs. I then tested and got hooked on 3D movies which is what the Vero was then purchased for.
I donā€™t need the Blu-ray player now with the seemless branching ISO issue fixed.

I havenā€™t tested any other devices running directly through the splitter.

I bought the splitter on a whim from a local PC store to solve the 3D pass through issue, prior to this I had the Vero connected directly to the projector and optical audio to the receiver.

With the splitter now between the receiver and the projector, apart from forcing me to choose between HDR and 3D support, everything is working well now. Only the Vero needs 3D and I can force this in disp_cap_3d, other devices need HDR so this is what I have the splitter set to.

Right now my hardware setup with Vero4K+ works like this.

1. 2D UHD HDR video playback
    If I choose to select an HD audio track, it is not played, sound stops. If I stop the video playback at this point and then just resume it, the previously selected HD audio track will be played.
    Whenever whatever non HD audio track I select, it is played immediatley with no problem.

2. 3D FHD video playback
    Whenever whatever non HD audio track I select, it is played immediatley with no problem; I can stop the video whenever I want causes no problem to my projector.
    If I choose to select an HD audio track, it is not played, sound stops. If I stop the video playback at this point and then just resume it, the previously selected HD audio track will be played. If I stop 3D video playing with HD audio, the projectorā€™s own remote stops being effective, the only way to get the beamer back to normal operation is a hard switch off, namely pulling the DC cord out. Anything less is ineffektive, no one can control the projector anymore.

3. Flac 2.0 files or mka files with flac 2.0 and DTS 5.1 tracks inside: both flac and DTS tracks can be played back without any problems

4. Mka files with flac 2.0 and DTS-HD 5.1 tracks inside: sometimes the 1st selected flac or DTS-HD track can be played without any problems, but the rest of the tracks will not start playing back regardless of what I do or what audio configuration I have. Sometimes not even the first selected track can be played back.