What to do next?

bear with me, i’m completely new to this, i was running plex server on raspberrypi but had all sorts of issues with it so looked for a new media centre and stumbled across OSMC, installed it added NAS drive, added files all worked flawlessly but… (now the dumb part)

how do i broadcast from my OSMC raspberry pi to my other devices ? (Samsung TV, Android phone, apple mac etc…

Do i need another application (please don’t say Plex !) or does OSMC do this for me and I’ve missed something ?

maybe it is as simple as ‘open source media centre’ and not a media server, if that’s the case, any recommendations ?

*edit: such a fool… just installed kodi on my android phone and added the ip address of the PI and the location of mounted drive and there’s my library.

Well a simple option is DLNA, you can enable that under Settings → Services → UPnP/DLNA

yes… so a few ways to achieve it, but reading UPnP/DNLA is not best for security ? never mind, I did that and installed VLC as a test on the phone, this works slightly slicker than Kodi on the phone IMO

Thank you

Well DLNA was my first thought for your Samsung TV.

For your phone as it is Android I suggest to install Yatse (for that you need to enable the settings under Services → Control).