Which IR remote to select in OSMC

I’m mostly documenting here what I ended up doing to get my Vero 4K+ working with my Harmony 650 remote. I used someone else’s suggestion above for which remote pairings to use. Specifically on the Vero 4K+ I set the remote in MyOSMC to rc6-mce-lircd and added the Phillips SRM 5100 in the Harmony software. That resulted in something that was about 90% of the way there. Here are the last few changes I made:

Harmony Software
Note that you have to do these remaps in both the device AND the activity. I don’t know why, but it’s about par for the course with Harmony’s crappy software.

1. Remap the Exit button to RETURN (apparently the CLEAR key isn’t in the RC6 mapping, so without a change the Exit key is dead)
  2. Remap the SkipBackward button to DirectionLeft and the SkipForward button to DirectionRight. This will make those two keys use the Skip Back and Skip Forward Kodi functions instead of the previous and next chapters, and you can do previous chapter with channel down and next chapter with channel up.

Kodi
By default there aren’t any keys mapped to the context menu or information screens, but the Harmony remotes have both. You can use the Keymap addon to map the correct Kodi function to those two keys, or you can manually create a keyboard.xml file and put it in ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/. I did the latter. Here’s my keyboard.xml file for that:

<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <key id="195">Info</key>`
            <key id="247">ContextMenu</key>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

I hope this helps anyone trying to use their Harmony IR remote to control the Vero 4K/4K+.

1 Like