Widevine DRM content not playing after december update

i do have a vero 4k (just found this thread in the raspberry section - sorry…)
i’ll try with the recovery img. will report later!

still no luck :frowning: - i don’t get the widevine installation popup anymore, but i can’t play anything:
22:10:19.232 T:3864920832 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so) 22:10:19.232 T:3864920832 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed

should i open a new thread? this is not really raspberry related…

yep, would be better!

So you installed the library with the inputstreamhelper? Are you able to check if it’s in:

?

the library was not installed with the inpustreamhelper.
i installed SkyGo (from kodi nerds rep), inpustreamhelper was installed then (i think).
when i tried to run a stream from within the addon i got the error “Widevine CDM is required…”.
then i downloaded and installed chrome os recovery (installation was done by system, not manually), now i have a file in /home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately I can not see this being resolved in current Leia 18 OSMC builds for Vero 4K!

I just today upgraded via MyOSMC to 17.8-169 and when opening the Amazon VOD plugin (latest release 0.4.8 from GitHub - Sandmann79/xbmc: Prime Video Addon for Kodi Media Center) the inputstreamhelper popup “widevine drm library missing for this architecture” occurred with no download button available.
After applying the patch from the OP onto ~/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib/inputstreamhelper.py the download button appeared and after installation the Amazon VOD streams are working again.

Btw, I already am on Leia quite some time via [TESTING] Kodi 18 (Leia) builds for Vero 2 & 4K.