WiFi dongle stopped working after last update

So to sum up the strange situation:

the dongle now sees the 2.4 and 5.0 ghz wifi of my neighbours. It sees the 2.4 of my house but not the 5.0. The ssid is broadcasted and the other devices can see it and connect to it. I’ve tried to switch iw reg to my country code (to see every channel I should see) , doesn’t work either. It might not be related to OSMC at all but I am completely lost. Before the update it was working flawlessly, after OSMC update lost the dongle, rolled back to april image and got the dongle back but it cannot see my WiFi. If anyone has a clue…

Try an changing 5ghz to an alternative channel in your router config.

Ok I’ve just tried twice, it doesn’t work either… :frowning:

edit: I kept changing, finally it appeared, tried to connect and it failed. Then I realised I couldn’t even see the other people’s wifi.

Long story short: before all this mess I could ONLY see 5.0 wifi. Now I have access to the dongle but it only works with 2.4GHz Wifi. So, I think the driver cannot handle being dual band. Is there a way to force it to only scan for the 5.0Ghz band?

Ok guys I rolled back to february update and evrything is working! I hope I will be able to update at some point but as of now I will stay at feb version 2.

Any way I could update without messing up with the dongle’s driver ? I kinda don’t want to be stuck foreverer at february’s version…