Wifi keeps disconnecting

Hey everyone, first time owner of the Vero V, seems like it disconnects a lot from the wifi and becomes very buggy when trying to navigate to the wifi wireless connections. Once it disconnects if I attempt to connect to my wifi I get the sad blue screen, then I have to go through this entire process of disconnecting the power supply for 30 seconds, waiting for a reboot, reconnecting to wifi, and then after a day or 2 the wifi again disconnects repeating the process with the sad face.

I plan on buying an ethernet cable so that it doesn’t have to be wireless, my router is next to the osmc so its not a distance issue, but it does seem to act funny when I navigate to the wireless network tab/option.

I updated the osmc through ethernet cable, I assume the update reinstalls the OS. I have logs enabled, but need help getting the logs if someone can provide directions on how to do so, so I can posts the logs when I do get the sad face on the screen.

An update does reinstall the OS it mainly updates individual packages.

Below you will find explanations how to share logs. As a starting point you might now just go to MyOSMC - Log Uploader and share the URL. But yes best to enable debug logs and upload after the disconnect from Wifi happens.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

How close is ‘next’?

You want 6ft/2m at least from the router
But if you are that close you can run an Ethernet cable as you suggested

Sam