Wifi/network dropouts or sudden disconnections using SMB

Sure, if you want to act like a smart alec about it…

1. I ran OSMC a few months ago, still had the same issue. You can read about that right here: "Error: Share Not Available" when trying to access SMB/Network drive - #2 by dandnsmith

And the responses I got had bugger all to do with fixing my issue.

The reason I returned, is because I figured someone here MAY have had a solution to my problem that wasn’t operating system related (clearly, if it happens on OSMC as well as OpenELEC).

If I’m required by some form of forum rule not to post here regarding something I would hope can be easily identified as a hardware problem (aka not an issue with the OS I decide to run on my device) then please point it out so I can be sure never to violate said rule again.

If I seem curt or rude, it is because this problem has been plaguing me for months and I’m getting to a point where I want to smash this device to pieces because of how unreliable it’s proving to be. What frustrates me even more is knowing that many are not having problems with it but for some reason I am… and I can’t figure out why. It’s not as if I’m using it for anything overly dramatic. I only want the device to be my media center PC so I don’t have to tether my personal PC to my TV which is currently about 15 feet away in another room just so I can watch my movies and TV shows.

I would appreciate whatever help I can get, but if someone could “Dumb it down” for the guy who doesn’t know linux or how to find a console or “SSH in to change settings” I’d really appreciate it. I would rather figure this out than shelve the device I paid (in my current situation) good money for and replace it with another device that requires far less screwing around.